Injuries

2,016 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by rkt88edmo
oskidunker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I wonder who will get injured this year before the season starts. I dont recall Montgomery teams having this problem. Lets see what happens.
Go Bears!
bearsandgiants
Is there something to suggest we already have an injury issue of any kind?
oskidunker
bearsandgiants said:

Is there something to suggest we already have an injury issue of any kind?

No, historical evidence.
Go Bears!
RedlessWardrobe
Oskidunker. After reading your posts for the last 3 years I respect you as a fellow poster. You generally get right to the point and you are respectful to other posters.
That being said, excuse me for being superstitious, but I cannot for the world understand why anybody would want to start a thread on this subject without reason. I hope my post here is the last post on this subject until its neccessary.
AunBear89
RedlessWardrobe said:

Oskidunker. After reading your posts for the last 3 years I respect you as a fellow poster. You generally get right to the point and you are respectful to other posters.
That being said, excuse me for being superstitious, but I cannot for the world understand why anybody would want to start a thread on this subject without reason. I hope my post here is the last post on this subject until it's neccessary.

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
calumnus
oskidunker said:

I dont recall Montgomery teams having this problem.

I seem to remember off-season and practice injuries with bigs Taylor Harrison, Harper Kamp, Max Zhang, Richard Solomon…. Part of the reason transfer Makuri Sanders-Frison and walk-on Robert Thurman became so important?
SFCityBear
calumnus said:

oskidunker said:

I dont recall Montgomery teams having this problem.

I seem to remember off-season and practice injuries with bigs Taylor Harrison, Harper Kamp, Max Zhang, Richard Solomon…. Part of the reason transfer Makuri Sanders-Frison and walk-on Robert Thurman became so important?
I went to an SF ProAm game one summer, where I saw Justin Cobbs suffer a stress fracture in his foot prior to the Cal season. Ricky Kreklow suffered a broken foot, a broken hand, and a broken nose at Cal, and I seem to remember him not being able to start one season due to one of those injuries. Jabari Bird had multiple injuries, but not sure if he had one before his season with Montgomery started. Montgomery's Cal teams didn't have much luck as to injuries.
Big C

I was chatting with a physical therapist over the weekend, who was talking about the increasing number of high school injuries. She theorized that a lot of the problem is people playing one sport year round... and doing more and more strength workouts specific to the needs of that sport. The bodies are "out of balance".
rkt88edmo
back in the early 00s, there was a guy who taught sports med and science at the local juco, he had worked professionally at UO and also at De La Salle he told us at the time that DLS was the only area school getting FB injuries similar to what he saw at quackhouse. Likely the competitive landscape has upped the ante overall - and our young athletes generate a LOT more force which generate more frequent and severe injuries.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.