So long, and thanks

5,904 Views | 34 Replies | Last: 13 days ago by bearister
SFCityBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I will no longer be writing posts on the Bear Insider forums. It has nothing to do with the Bear Insider or the folks who post there. It is a personal thing. The BI has become sort of an addiction for me, and I have way too many projects piling up now in my life which need attending to. The only way for me to attend to them is to stop posting altogether.

I'll be at the ASU game tonight, and I will still go to some Cal games and watch them on TV. I want to thank everyone who read my long and often tedious posts, and special thanks to those of you who chose to reply, either to agree or engage in lively debate. I learned a great deal on this forum and hopefully I added a little as well. I will miss all the friends I have made here, and I will continue to meet with some of you before or after a game once in a while. I'll check private messages for the next couple of days, if you want to leave me an e-mail address, before I turn off access to the forums.

Over the years, I've seen a lot of Cal basketball, the good and the bad. I can tell you there is no greater thrill for a Cal BB fan than to see the Bears win an NCAA title. I hope all of us will see that one day soon, and hopefully Cuonzo and the Bears will turn things around soon as a first step.

Finally, best wishes to all of you for a happy, healthy, and successful New Year!

Go Bears!

:gobears:


SFCityBear
NYCGOBEARS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Thanks! I've enjoyed your contributions to this site. All the best. Go Bears!
gobears
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SF City Bear,

Your knowledge of Cal basketball history is as deep as anyone here on BI (or anywhere for that matter) I did not always agree with your views (then again, I can say the same for virtually everyone/anyone I know)... but I always respect your thoughts on Cal Basketball. I respect your decision to refrain from reading/giving inputs here on BI, but again, for me personally, will miss you and your insights.

regards,

:gobears:
petalumabear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SFCity.... it is an addiction. I would safely state that most all of the posters here also have "day" jobs that tend to suffer from the distraction that is BI or any of the other forums about Cal sports. We are all passionate and want to be around like-minded folks who share our passion. Get things in order and come on back. Your perspective is valuable. Best to you!
59bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sorry to hear of this decision. I've enjoyed your insights and am glad you chose to share them with us. You'll be missed.
GATC
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SFCityBear;842441828 said:

I will no longer be writing posts on the Bear Insider forums. It has nothing to do with the Bear Insider or the folks who post there. It is a personal thing. The BI has become sort of an addiction for me, and I have way too many projects piling up now in my life which need attending to. The only way for me to attend to them is to stop posting altogether.

I’ll be at the ASU game tonight, and I will still go to some Cal games and watch them on TV. I want to thank everyone who read my long and often tedious posts, and special thanks to those of you who chose to reply, either to agree or engage in lively debate. I learned a great deal on this forum and hopefully I added a little as well. I will miss all the friends I have made here, and I will continue to meet with some of you before or after a game once in a while. I’ll check private messages for the next couple of days, if you want to leave me an e-mail address, before I turn off access to the forums.

Over the years, I’ve seen a lot of Cal basketball, the good and the bad. I can tell you there is no greater thrill for a Cal BB fan than to see the Bears win an NCAA title. I hope all of us will see that one day soon, and hopefully Cuonzo and the Bears will turn things around soon as a first step.

Finally, best wishes to all of you for a happy, healthy, and successful New Year!

Go Bears!

:gobears:


SFCityBear


Good luck on your projects. Will miss your posts.

If you do come back, you should focus on the women's basketball - you are really needed there.
NVBear78
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SFCityBear;842441828 said:

I will no longer be writing posts on the Bear Insider forums. It has nothing to do with the Bear Insider or the folks who post there. It is a personal thing. The BI has become sort of an addiction for me, and I have way too many projects piling up now in my life which need attending to. The only way for me to attend to them is to stop posting altogether.

I'll be at the ASU game tonight, and I will still go to some Cal games and watch them on TV. I want to thank everyone who read my long and often tedious posts, and special thanks to those of you who chose to reply, either to agree or engage in lively debate. I learned a great deal on this forum and hopefully I added a little as well. I will miss all the friends I have made here, and I will continue to meet with some of you before or after a game once in a while. I'll check private messages for the next couple of days, if you want to leave me an e-mail address, before I turn off access to the forums.

Over the years, I've seen a lot of Cal basketball, the good and the bad. I can tell you there is no greater thrill for a Cal BB fan than to see the Bears win an NCAA title. I hope all of us will see that one day soon, and hopefully Cuonzo and the Bears will turn things around soon as a first step.

Finally, best wishes to all of you for a happy, healthy, and successful New Year!

Go Bears!

:gobears:


SFCityBear




Hope you continue to see Cal Basketball and Football games in person and hope you get your projects in line so you can come back and post from time to time. Thanks for your contributions to the Cal Sports discussions.

Go Bears!
BeachedBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Come back soon!

:beer:
Holmoephobic
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This is most unfortunate. I really enjoyed your take on basketball and your opinion of our Bears. You're one of the few posters who would attend the Pro-AM and I will definitely miss your game reports from that event. How about you take a few months off and post again when the Pro-AM starts?
parentswerebears
How long do you want to ignore this user?
NVBear78;842441853 said:

Hope you continue to see Cal Basketball and Football games in person and hope you get your projects in line so you can come back and post from time to time. Thanks for your contributions to the Cal Sports discussions.

Go Bears!


+1. We'll miss you! And I completely understand your reasoning.
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SFCityBear, we hardly knew ye. I liked your posts too. If you meet up with Blueblood and BearyWhite in Non Posting Limbo, give them our best! I'm giving up booze before I go cold turkey on this crack.
calumnus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SFCityBear;842441828 said:

I will no longer be writing posts on the Bear Insider forums. It has nothing to do with the Bear Insider or the folks who post there. It is a personal thing. The BI has become sort of an addiction for me, and I have way too many projects piling up now in my life which need attending to. The only way for me to attend to them is to stop posting altogether.

I’ll be at the ASU game tonight, and I will still go to some Cal games and watch them on TV. I want to thank everyone who read my long and often tedious posts, and special thanks to those of you who chose to reply, either to agree or engage in lively debate. I learned a great deal on this forum and hopefully I added a little as well. I will miss all the friends I have made here, and I will continue to meet with some of you before or after a game once in a while. I’ll check private messages for the next couple of days, if you want to leave me an e-mail address, before I turn off access to the forums.

Over the years, I’ve seen a lot of Cal basketball, the good and the bad. I can tell you there is no greater thrill for a Cal BB fan than to see the Bears win an NCAA title. I hope all of us will see that one day soon, and hopefully Cuonzo and the Bears will turn things around soon as a first step.

Finally, best wishes to all of you for a happy, healthy, and successful New Year!

Go Bears!

:gobears:


SFCityBear


I have the same addiction, so I understand. I enjoy your perspective on Cal basketball, feel bad that we sometimes get crosswise in our discussions, and have been meaning to tell you that (when you are done with those projects) you might enjoy my dad's latest book LINK --you even have a cameo appearance in it.

Take care and Go Bears!
UrsaMajor
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SFCity;

we didn't always agree, but I always respected your point of view and learned something from the debates. I also appreciated your perspective and your tenor which was always respectful.

Hope you schedule permits you to return some day. Sadly, there is no 12-step program for recovering BI posters...
smh
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SFCityBear;842441828 said:

I will no longer be writing posts on the Bear Insider forums..



Quote:

SFCityBear is online now
Loyal Bear
Join Date Oct 2011
Location Kezar Pavilion
Posts 2,592


thanks for your many contributions to the boards, and fervent wishes cutting the cord works for you.

don't mean to sow doubt but word on the street claims mainliner cybear addicts have a 90% likelyhood of backsliding. and the 10% includes bears who literally died [still miss'n ya gldnbear71].

the worst of the worst are those who departed then snuck back with a new handle. or faded more than once. maaan, i hate those guys.

gotta run.

# go with oski sfcb.
KoreAmBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Thanks for your contribution, and this gracious note. Do come back when your projects are done LOL.
stu
How long do you want to ignore this user?
GATC;842441848 said:

If you do come back, you should focus on the women's basketball - you are really needed there.

Good point. Also the women's forum has far fewer posts to keep up with.

Thanks SFCityBear and best wishes!
blungld
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I've been debating the same kind of cord cutting, so I understand.

Will miss your contributions and hope that you can find a balanced way to keep Cal in your life if you still get pleasure from being a fan. Best to you in your projects and life assessment.
Bearprof
How long do you want to ignore this user?
One of the things that is fun about posting on the site is that each poster has a unique personality that comes through very clearly, and none more than you SFCityBear. It is interesting, because we don't have a face to go with the personality, so we just tend to imagine one. Will miss you on the board. Good luck with your projects. Hope to see you back someday.
MinotStateBeav
How long do you want to ignore this user?
obvious its a chick, you'll be back..admit it..she's a furd..
. hehe have a good one.
Holmoephobic
How long do you want to ignore this user?
You sure picked a good day to leave.
CAL6371
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Mein Gott - you went to the ASU game tonight - haven't you suffered enough?
Sorry to see you do the sane thing and give up on Cal sports.
oskihasahearton
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Thank you, BJ, for your most informative, gentlemanly and professional posts.
I find them refreshingh and enlightening.
They are appreciated.
All the best to you and good health to you and yours.
I will continue to read the Green.

--sw

Go Bears!
HoopDreams
How long do you want to ignore this user?
don't stay away long...always welcome here...
concordtom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This is worse news that tonight's outcome vs ASU!
I feel like a dear friend is dying, and there is nothing I can do to stop it.
Like others, I too have thought of writing the same post, and wondered if anyone would care. Now I know they do.
This site is a bloody addiction that is bad for many of us. I certainly understand your decision. Sometimes cold turkey is the best way. But, damn, really?
I think we should hog tie Moraga Bear for selling us the cigarettes, booze, etc.
It's HIS fault this has happened to all of us.

I'll be sad to see you go, SFCITY.
How about just a post every once in a while to say, HI GUYS!
It'll cheer up our mood to know the party isn't quite over.
SmellinRoses
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Thanks for your contributions and - good luck!

Go Bears!
southseasbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
concordtom;842442133 said:

This is worse news that tonight's outcome vs ASU!
I feel like a dear friend is dying, and there is nothing I can do to stop it.
Like others, I too have thought of writing the same post, and wondered if anyone would care. Now I know they do.
This site is a bloody addiction that is bad for many of us. I certainly understand your decision. Sometimes cold turkey is the best way. But, damn, really?
I think we should hog tie Moraga Bear for selling us the cigarettes, booze, etc.
It's HIS fault this has happened to all of us.

I'll be sad to see you go, SFCITY.
How about just a post every once in a while to say, HI GUYS!
It'll cheer up our mood to know the party isn't quite over.


This is exactly how I feel. This is a devastating season (seriously, this is worse than Sonny's 1-11 debacle) and now I'm losing the friend who can help me make sense of it and talk me down from the emotional ledge. Your posts are long but not tedious; they were erudite and eloquent - more importantly they provided needed comfort in this disappointing (and tedious) season. I know you love Cal as much as the rest of us, and while the site is addictive it provides a catharsis (particularly when the team underperforms), so your personal situation must be compelling. Please accept my best wishes and the hope that you return. Be well.
oskidunker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Good time to leave
concordtom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
You know, there's no way sfcity would be walking out the bar if we were in first place, on our way to the sweet 16. This is bad news for the athletic department, losing a loyal drunk.
He has awakened face down in the mud on Sunday morning, and decided to kick the habit.

How do Rabb and Dorsey respond to this news? Harbinger?
RicoRico
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SFCityBear;842441828 said:

Finally, best wishes to all of you for a happy, healthy, and successful New Year!
Go Bears!
:gobears:
SFCityBear

You will be missed sfcb -- all best wishes, come back when you can!
BeachyBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I admire your decision. I'm seriously considering doing the same thing, though I'm fairly certain people will miss your posts much more than mine :P
calumnus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BeachyBear;842442460 said:

I admire your decision. I'm seriously considering doing the same thing, though I'm fairly certain people will miss your posts much more than mine :P


Yeah, I might need to go cold turkey too.
concordtom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
calumnus;842442511 said:

Yeah, I might need to go cold turkey too.


After 13,000 posts, maybe you should.
Lol
01Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Reviving an old thread.

SFCityBear, I hope you're still around (if not posting). Another poster mentioned some Cal sports history that predated my time at Cal. I really appreciated that and it reminded me of your posts about Cal's athletic past, which I always enjoyed. I wanted to thank you, once again and I really hope you're doing well.

Take care!
Harky4
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Discipline and pace yourself SFCityBear ! If you limit your posts to just a few sentences and once or twice a week, your valued input can continue to be enjoyed by others on this site. The world should never be viewed as an "all or nothing" place.
stu
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Harky4 said:

Discipline and pace yourself SFCityBear ! If you limit your posts to just a few sentences and once or twice a week, your valued input can continue to be enjoyed by others on this site. The world should never be viewed as an "all or nothing" place.

I'm "all" Cal fan.
Page 1 of 2 ▼
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.