Jaylen Brown talking about the importance of education

4,378 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by BearSD
toincoss
How long do you want to ignore this user?
NewYorkCityBear
toincoss said:

Funny clip regarding Jaylen's interaction with Kyrie Irving (who truly believes the world is flat)
01Bear
i love how he's wearing a cal sweatshirt instead of the horrible celtic green!

jaylen easily became one of my favorite cal student-athletes, not just for his basketball skills but for how much he valued education...to see him reinforce that point with kids is wonderful...i fully expect him to be successful both on the court and off...i'll always root for him (just not the celtics)...
1UCBear
A great Bear....even though he's a Celtic.
graguna
Theoretical questions after reading the "even thou he is a celtic comment"

Celtics have Brown and Bird ( 2 way deal )
what if Memphis trades Rabb to Boston and Boston picks up Anderson and Jorge as well. ( not likely but what if )

If the celtics had 5 former bears on the roster, would you be a celtic fan?

just wondering how much former bears on a team changes a CAL fans NBA team of choice.

GoldenBear151
This is a great share! Makes me proud
Yogi58
graguna said:

what if Memphis trades Rabb to Boston and Boston picks up Anderson and Jorge as well. ( not likely but what if )

just wondering how much former bears on a team changes a CAL fans NBA team of choice.
I root for laundry, not for alma maters.
01Bear
graguna said:

i'd root for each of the players to do well individually (which i already do) but for the celtics to suck and lose...this is very possible in the nba (case in point, former cal great, shareef abdur-rahim)...
NewYorkCityBear
graguna said:

I'm a lifelong Laker fan and even I have to admire what Danny Ainge has done in Boston (I just died a little writing that - I hated him as a player).

Since the Lakers are at least 3 years from contention, I'll root for Beantown Golden Bears for the time being. I really hope Jabari gets a chance.
01Bear
NewYorkCityBear said:

graguna said:

I'm a lifelong Laker fan and even I have to admire what Danny Ainge has done in Boston (I just died a little writing that - I hated him as a player).

Since the Lakers are at least 3 years from contention, I'll root for Beantown Golden Bears for the time being. I really hope Jabari gets a chance.

i'll root for the beantown bears, but never the celtics (same reason--lifelong lakers fan)...i may despise the celtics more than i despise sc and furd...while i respected the hell out of larry bird*, he and the 80s celtics caused me to hate the green team...

*it always filled me with dread when he had the ball at the end of a close game between the lakers and the celtics...
graguna
OK
Lot's of people seem to hate the celtics so let me revise the question a bit.
Say all 5 of those former CAL players I mentioned were all on the same team ( lets say Toronto since no one can hate Toronto, at least I would think not ) who would you root for should they meet the Warriors ( or your favorite team if its not the warriors ) in the finals.

01Bear
graguna said:

OK
Lot's of people seem to hate the celtics so let me revise the question a bit.
Say all 5 of those former CAL players I mentioned were all on the same team ( lets say Toronto since no one can hate Toronto, at least I would think not ) who would you root for should they meet the Warriors ( or your favorite team if its not the warriors ) in the finals.

the only thing that changes for me is i don't despise the other team...i'd still root for the individual cal bears to do well but hope their team gets trounced by the lakers...my philosophy in a nutshell: love the former cal bears, to hell with their pro team (unless it's the lakers)...
GoldenBear151
A Laker fan?...3 years you really think they will be taken seriously? I know the game and the history but nope not going to happen. Word is that Lebron will sign with the Lakers. Even then you have a virus that only thinks of himself and puts others under the bus. That's not good for team chemistry.
NewYorkCityBear
GoldenBear151 said:

A Laker fan?...3 years you really think they will be taken seriously? I know the game and the history but nope not going to happen. Word is that Lebron will sign with the Lakers. Even then you have a virus that only thinks of himself and puts others under the bus. That's not good for team chemistry.
Only time will tell but the combination of Pelinka and Johnson in the front office and Walton at the helm, and the development of Ball & Ingram plus the cap space to sign as many as 3 top free agents beginning next year puts the Lakers well in the hunt to revive their brand.

That you think a 3-time NBA Champion and 4-time MVP is a 'virus' makes your opinion pretty questionable.

Let's revisit in 3 (or even 2 years).
graguna
the thought of LeBron as a virus is laughable. his resume speaks for itself. No defense needed on my part.
BearSD
Being in the NBA finals 7 years in a row is a virus that many teams would love to have.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.