Playing Yale in China on Friday

1,876 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Civil Bear
tenplay
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The Yale bb team is already in China studying its culture and history. Also they are getting in a practice game or two against local teams.

http://yalebulldogs.com/sports/m-baskbl/2018-19/releases/20181102m8kwwa

Is the Cal team also in China learning about its fascinating and ancient culture or just going there to play the game against Yale? Also is there a scouting report on Yale's team? Which team will be favored?

calgldnbear
Think the stores over there are watching their sunglasses this time around?
Big C
tenplay said:

The Yale bb team is already in China studying its culture and history. Also they are getting in a practice game or two against local teams.

http://yalebulldogs.com/sports/m-baskbl/2018-19/releases/20181102m8kwwa

Is the Cal team also in China learning about its fascinating and ancient culture or just going there to play the game against Yale? Also is there a scouting report on Yale's team? Which team will be favored?

yes (also already there)/no
yes
Yale
ColoradoBear
Aren't classes going on now? I know Larry loves China, but I'm really surprised an Ivy League school would want their student missing a week of class.

Strange that they wouldn't try to schedule this over the holiday break which is 3-4 weeks long at semester schools.
UrsaMajor
ColoradoBear said:

Aren't classes going on now? I know Larry loves China, but I'm really surprised an Ivy League school would want their student missing a week of class.

Strange that they wouldn't try to schedule this over the holiday break which is 3-4 weeks long at semester schools.
Holiday break is often tournament time.

Both Cal and Yale have turned the trip into an academic class.
SFCityBear
calgldnbear said:

Think the stores over there are watching their sunglasses this time around?
This is Cal. Laptops was our game.
Civil Bear
ColoradoBear said:

Cal is giving one credit for the trip. The contest is part of an ongoing contract with the Pac12.
calumnus
Civil Bear said:

ColoradoBear said:

Cal is giving one credit for the trip. The contest is part of an ongoing contract with the Pac12.

The problem is all the other classes.
Civil Bear
calumnus said:

Civil Bear said:

ColoradoBear said:

The problem is all the other classes.
I think it'll be okay.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.