buried under the election news

1,825 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by oskidunker
stu
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Is this our David Grace? LA Times article
KoreAmBear
stu said:

Yup. Wyking is really on a roll isn't he.
82gradDLSdad
We can't be cheating. Look at our record. Look at our recruits. It's the same way I know I'm not invested in a Ponzi scheme: l lose money all the time.
EricBear
Staff
Non-story, really.

Dawkins was calling lots of schools, seeing who had interest and who might bite. In addition to Louisville, obviously, sounds like Arizona and a few others might have been interested in getting in the game with Dawkins/Bowen's father.

My understanding is that UCLA had some interest in Bowen but it didn't really go anywhere. They pursued Chris Smith, instead.

If anything, UCLA's lack of follow-up/involvement would suggest they are clean here. If there was some involvement we would have heard about it at trial.
smh
KoreAmBear said:

stu said:

Yup. Wyking is really on a roll isn't he.
short form executive summary, snipped..
Quote:

The calls between David Grace, UCLA's top recruiter for five seasons before his dismissal in April, and Christian Dawkins are the first public link between UCLA and the investigation that has shaken college basketball.

UCLA said in a statement it was aware of the communication and has "no reason to believe the calls are indicative of any improper conduct "

Grace, now an assistant at California, declined to comment through a spokesman.
muting ~250 handles, turnaround is fair play
oskidunker
Wonderful. I guess 4-5 stars wont come even with extra incentives.
Go Bears!
AunBear89
oskidunker said:

Wonderful. I guess 4-5 stars wont come even with extra incentives.
Did you read anything of the above? Or are you taking another opportunity to spin something to support your tired narrative?
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
oskidunker
Spinning something on a tired narrative.
Go Bears!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.