thanksgiving

1,329 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by KoreAmBear
helltopay1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I do wish everyone a safe, prosperous and happy thanksgiving: Please keep the arguing to a minimum. There will be time enough for that after everyone has gone home.
KenBurnski
Have a nice Thanksgiving, HTP and to the rest of the BI crew as well.
UrsaMajor
Thanks, HTP. FWIW, the only arguing I do on Thanksgiving is who gets the drumsticks, and the virtues of pinot noir v. gamay as a turkey wine. (we always start off with Cajun Martinis)
helltopay1
ursa: Just want you to know that I have spent the last two years giving a verbal presentation to have Stan Stewart inducted into the SF Prep Hall of Fame. Stewart is easily one of the greatest athletes in thge history of the school. he made first-string all-city 6 times. He made all-city 110's, 120's and 130's. Each year he was voted the best player in the city. In 1952 he received 10 ballots out of 12 for the best player in the city despite the fact that he was competing with the great Eugene Brown who was a teammate on the 1952 team. ( Eugene Brown is in the SF HOF. He also placed in the top 3 every year while swimming in the all-city swimming meet. And, he achieved all these remarkable honors despite the fact that he skipped a full year while in the 5th grade. In addition, he coached in the City for about 25 years and was coach of the year twice. ( once at Sacred Heart and once at Lowell. I played for Benny Neff ( a HOF inductee) and I felt that Stewart was a superior coach. Each year the committee has politely listened to my plea and said, in effect, " sorry---next candidate please." I am familiar with many inductees and can honestly say that their credentials are totally dwarfed by Stewarts" credentials. Maybe it's me. Maybe just enough members are voting against me because they feel I'm a cocky SOB. Where on earth did they get that idea. Even if I'm a cocky SIB, you don';t vote against the person making the presentation. You vote up or down based solely on the credentials of the candidate. Just want you to know that I tried my level best to make sure that a fellow Eagle got his just due.
UrsaMajor
e-e-e-a-g
l-l-l-es
eag
les
eag
les
eagles, eagles, Washington Hi Eagles!
KoreAmBear
Thanks HTP. You too. I wish the entire Cal family a pleasant Thanksgiving. We all whine about this and that (at least some of us), but in the end, I'm always greatful to be part of the Cal sports community and esp. all you knuckleheads (we would say "buggas" in Hawaii) on BI.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.