Cal-'Zona Game Thread.

5,246 Views | 45 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by rollonyoubears
OneKeg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
87-65 final with Cal's starters going against Zona's backups for he last several minutes. It wasn't as close as the score indicates.
IssyBear
Why did WE hold the ball at the end? I don't think I've seen that before. Justice did not look happy.
helltopay1
Dear Issy: Please see my "I'm gone" post. if you are going to wave a flag, make sure the color isn't white!!!!
IssyBear
helltopay1 said:

Dear Issy: Please see my "I'm gone" post. if you are going to wave a flag, make sure the color isn't white!!!!
Thanks. I completely agree.
Big C
Back from the game... in time to write the 38th post on this game thread, Cal vs. Arizona, which kind of says it all.

As noted, the game sucked. The offense doesn't have purpose AND we didn't shoot well. The defense was worse: How many inside shots did they get on us?

Sueing came to play tonight, at least on offense.

I won't say the players looked like they were going through the motions, no, not at all. But they lack defensive intensity and, most of all, savvy.
KenBurnski
I don't recommend viewing the press conference for those with sensitive stomachs.
Yogi58
calbear80 said:

Northside91 said:

dal9 said:

ot: Charlie Moore is having a terrible time of it at KU: http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/4066345

Rad. Makes the abomination that's Cal basketball so much easier to take. Also in the news, Moldova is an unhappy place, and Somalia is a failed state. Joy.

Yes, Moldova (a former USSR Republic in Eastern Europe) is a sad and depressing place.
cal83dls79
KenBurnski said:

I don't recommend viewing the press conference for those with sensitive stomachs.
I watched it. I've been to cheerier funerals. Good thing they focused on free throws and shooting last week. They also "discussed" defensive intensity....definitely a valid conversation but it seems they didn't take any action items away from that discussion.
oskidunker
Cal should seek an exemption so Wyking does not have to do these interviews. Haven't listened all year. I used to seek out this stuff.
Go Bears!
Bisonbob
I may not be around long enough to see a competitive Cal BB team. From what I'm reading it is the same mess as we have seen for the last 8 years. Can't recruit, can't win! in any major conference. So far we get scrubs, and rejects. I was pressured to renew season tickets, and I said not until I see they actually have a program.
KenBurnski
Epic thread bump!
rollonyoubears
Bisonbob is a little LTTP
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.