March Madness Report 1: San Jose SAP Center Games

2,053 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by calbear80
calbear80
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This morning I bought tickets for all the San Jose SAP Center March Madness games and will be attending all the six games. Yes, crazy college basketball fan!

I will be reporting on my experience attending all the six games unless majority of my fellow BI posters tell me to go away.

Go Bears!

P.S. I am only an amateur sports fan and have no reporting, writing or high-level sport experience. So, please don't expect too much!

P.S.S. I am an engineer and cannot spell, so, be forewarned!!
calbear80
San Jose Games:

Two games Friday morning. Two games Friday evening. Two games Sunday. Game times still TBD.

San Jose teams/games will be:

* East Region:
. 4 Virginia Tech vs. 13 SLU
. 5 Mis State vs. 12 Liberty

* South Region:
. 4 KSU vs. 13 UC Irvine
. 5 Wisconsin vs. 12 Oregon

Oregon and UCI are very lucky to be assigned to sites close to where they play regularly.

Go Bears!
Yogi58
calbear80 said:

I will be reporting on my experience attending all the six games unless majority of my fellow BI posters tells me to go away.
Ignore them and post what you want. It'd sure be more interesting than the 5,402nd story about Pete Newell.
calbear80
Thanks Yogi. I am really lucky to be able to attend all the San Jose games. So, I thought to share my experience with my fellow BI posters.

Around a quarter of century ago, I attended three March Madness Sweat16 games and Elite 8 games in Oakland and it was a lot of fun. I still remember, I think, UNLV won it and went to Final 4. But, Alabama fans touched my heart.

Around a dozen years agoforvtwo consecutive years I attended most of the Pac-12 Tournament ganes in the Staples Center and really enjoyed it.

So, here I go again!

Go Bears!

P.S. Before I die, I want to dance in the Rose Bowl on a January 1 afternoon after a Cal Rose Bowl victory and I want to see my Golden Bears cut down the net after winning it all. Hope is eternal ...
KenBurnski
Sounds like a good time. Enjoy and will look forward to reading the reports.
KoreAmBear
You can see our potential future head coach in person.
The Bounce
Looking forward to your reports.
joe amos yaks
calbear80 said:

San Jose Games:

Two games Friday morning. Two games Friday evening. Two games Sunday. Game times still TBD.

San Jose teams/games will be:

* East Region:
. 4 Virginia Tech vs. 13 SLU
. 5 Mis State vs. 12 Liberty

* South Region:
. 4 KSU vs. 13 UC Irvine
. 5 Wisconsin vs. 12 Oregon

Oregon and UCI are very lucky to be assigned to sites close to where they play regularly.

Go Bears!
Most fortunate you.
That should be a fun experience with a great line-up of teams.
Expect to see VaTech, Missi Stu, UCI, and Whisky advance.
Then UCI over MissiStu.
"Those who say don't know, and those who know don't say." - LT
RedlessWardrobe
Yogi Bear said:

calbear80 said:

I will be reporting on my experience attending all the six games unless majority of my fellow BI posters tells me to go away.
Ignore them and post what you want. It'd sure be more interesting than the 5,402nd story about Pete Newell.
CB80, I agree with Yogi, post anything you want, but please don't find a way to insert WJ's won/lost record in your posts!
roqmoq
From CalBear80

P.S. Before I die, I want to dance in the Rose Bowl on a January 1 afternoon after a Cal Rose Bowl victory and I want to see my Golden Bears cut down the net after winning it all. Hope is eternal ...

I was at the 1959 Rose Bowl and did not get to dance. I also saw the Bears cut down the net that same year, but on TV, not in person. Since I graduated in 1962, I also have your same Hopes, but time is running out.

Go Bears! And enjoy the games.
bear945
UNLV was the 1990 regional. Played Loyola Marymount in the regional finals in Oakland. 1995 was UCLA vs UConn in Oakland. UCLA beat Gonzaga in a wild comeback in 2006 in Oakland but that was the Thursday game (https://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaab-the-dagger/the-crying-game--looking-back-at-the-ucla-gonzaga-sweet-16-classic-012050246.html) . I don't think the NCAAs have been back to Oakland since then but I'm not sure. I was able to go in 90 and 95 and they were both fun.

Enjoy the games!
calbear80
bear945 said:

UNLV was the 1990 regional. Played Loyola Marymount in the regional finals in Oakland. 1995 was UCLA vs UConn in Oakland. UCLA beat Gonzaga in a wild comeback in 2006 in Oakland but that was the Thursday game (https://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaab-the-dagger/the-crying-game--looking-back-at-the-ucla-gonzaga-sweet-16-classic-012050246.html) . I don't think the NCAAs have been back to Oakland since then but I'm not sure. I was able to go in 90 and 95 and they were both fun.

Enjoy the games!

The one I went to in Oakland was the 1990 Regional because I clearly remember UNLV (how could one forget Jerry Tarkanian?) Loyola (super fast paced and three pointers) and Alabama were three of the four teams.

My God, it has been 29 years! I am getting OLD!!

Go Bears!

P.S. I still remember the kindly Alabama fan sitting next to me who give me his ticket for the Elite Eight game for free after Alabama lost in the Sweat Sixteen.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.