Hope?

3,156 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by mcdbear
Yogi58
How long do you want to ignore this user?
graguna
anyone with plans of going pro, as vanover's does, has to look at this as a business decision. As a business decision, keeping your options open until you see who the staff is and get to know them is smart.
Big C
Dear Connor,
Last year might have made sense for you to sit out while you got stronger. Instead, you played and rapidly improved throughout the year! Don't take a year off now! I'm looking forward to cheering for you at Haas next season! Go Bears!
- "Big C"
82gradDLSdad
Fox should hire Don Nelson as special assistant. Nellie could design an offensive system that features a 7' point forward that would get Vanover all the open looks he wants. Nellie could do the job remotely from Hawaii.
blungld
ThesePretzels
graguna said:

anyone with plans of going pro, as vanover's does, has to look at this as a business decision. As a business decision, keeping your options open until you see who the staff is and get to know them is smart.
It's interesting... if he transfers, he gets an extra year to put on muscle before eligibility eventually runs out. But the NBA prefers younger projects to 5th year guys. The better business decision might be to just stay at Cal, but he has to worry about the double (triple?) teams he would see next season with no supporting cast. This decision is definitely a coin flip.
sluggo
ThesePretzels said:

graguna said:

It's interesting... if he transfers, he gets an extra year to put on muscle before eligibility eventually runs out. But the NBA prefers younger projects to 5th year guys. The better business decision might be to just stay at Cal, but he has to worry about the double (triple?) teams he would see next season with no supporting cast. This decision is definitely a coin flip.
Vanover is already a year older than his class. But as he would only be a very limited role player in the NBA, his age does not really matter. And he can play in the G league or wherever to get more experience once his eligibility is up.

Like Ivan Rabb, he came along at the wrong time. In the pace and space NBA, he would get absolutely torched defensively. Like teams would run plays at him every time until he was put back on the bench. I think he should enjoy college wherever that may be (hopefully Cal), and then see the world playing overseas.

Sluggo
89Bear
Yogi Bear said:

Well, I'm happy that he's working out with the team!! I'll keep some hope.
REALLY want him to come back!!
SFCityBear
82gradDLSdad said:

Fox should hire Don Nelson as special assistant. Nellie could design an offensive system that features a 7' point forward that would get Vanover all the open looks he wants. Nellie could do the job remotely from Hawaii.
Nellie could do anything. Except win a championship.
SFCityBear
KoreAmBear
89Bear said:

Yogi Bear said:

Connor of course has great upside potential. But he still has a long way to go. I actually believe Fox providing better structure on D and O will benefit him greatly. Same with JHD, Darius and Sueing.
82gradDLSdad
SFCityBear said:

82gradDLSdad said:

Nellie could do anything. Except win a championship.

He'd fit right in.
bearister
KoreAmBear said:

89Bear said:

Yogi Bear said:

Connor of course has great upside potential. But he still has a long way to go. I actually believe Fox providing better structure on D and O will benefit him greatly. Same with JHD, Darius and Sueing.

My guess is Paris Austin will show the most improvement because of getting actual coaching.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
calgo430
we need some good news. will start with vanover and bradley staying and the 3 recruits coming.
mcdbear
Fox had a Nick Fazekas score 20 a night for 3 years for him at Nevada and his skill set was similar to Connor. Not sure what he ran at Georgia but his Nevada offense was built around letting his center bomb away.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.