5 stars

2,574 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by ncbears
parentswerebears
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Every time I see that we've offered a 5 star 2020 guy I laugh. Other website guys will post on Twitter that we have offered or give more info on them and I wonder why they are wasting time covering that. We aren't getting any 2020 five star players. Probably not any from 2021 either. We will be lucky to have any 4 stars.
Bobodeluxe
Woe is the Bears! Woe!
75bear
parentswerebears said:

Every time I see that we've offered a 5 star 2020 guy I laugh. Other website guys will post on Twitter that we have offered or give more info on them and I wonder why they are wasting time covering that. We aren't getting any 2020 five star players. Probably not any from 2021 either. We will be lucky to have any 4 stars.

It's always better to try.
PtownBear1
We've had 3 in the last 6 years and Fox landed 1 at Georgia. Not out of the realm of possibility.

But yeah I agree it's probably not the best use of recruiting resources for 2020 at least.
bluesaxe
PtownBear1 said:

We've had 3 in the last 6 years and Fox landed 1 at Georgia. Not out of the realm of possibility.

But yeah I agree it's probably not the best use of recruiting resources for 2020 at least.
Depends completely on if there's been a relationship developed already imo. There's no point in offering most of them, but once in a while there's a reason to think you'll be taken seriously.
oskidunker
I could care less who we offer. All I care about is who suits up.
Go Bears!
89Bear
Yes, the staff has put out some bold offers...
calumnus
75bear said:

parentswerebears said:

It's always better to try.

Agreed, it is not zero sum, it does not stop you from identifying other targets and we have a lot of open scholarships. It is worth offering. Who knows if they might be interested until you ask.

Personally, I am glad Fox is setting his sights high.
ncbears
If you don't ask, the answer is no.
I presume it's polite for an athlete to post/tweet "blessed to have received an offer from X" from any school that the athlete might consider and to just not say anything about a school in which the athlete has no interest.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.