Welcome Dmitrios!

7,138 Views | 41 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by KoreAmBear
BC Calfan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Quote:

A. What Grad program?
B. This was the first of three visits.
C. Seriously, what grad program and could he even get admitted?
A. School of Public Health is the most realistic option in general. (See Tarwater, Mullins, N. Kerr)
B. He will be visiting Northwestern and Vandy.
C. Again Public Health most likely. He's a 4.0 student. In his team bio it says he wants to become an orthopedic surgeon.

My question is: ESPN lists him a junior---would he have 2 years of eligibility if enrolled in a 2 year grad program?
sluggo
BC Calfan said:

Quote:

A. What Grad program?
A. School of Public Health is the most realistic option in general. (See Tarwater, Mullins, N. Kerr)
C. Again Public Health most likely. He's a 4.0 student. In his team bio it says he wants to become an orthopedic surgeon.

My question is: ESPN lists him a junior---would he have 2 years of eligibility if enrolled in a 2 year grad program?
He has played three full seasons so he would have only one. Looks like a player on those highlights.

Sluggo
calbearinamaze
https://collegesportsmaven.io/cal/basketball/cal-basketball-corpus-christi-grad-transfer-kareem-south-considering-cal-aTuOYMYiIkCzw4yynX-ZJQ/

Biomedical Sciences major..........surgeon.

https://www.collegefactual.com/majors/health-care-professions/public-health/rankings/top-ranked/

CAL's perennially top 10 School of Public Health gets, IMHO, quite a bit of disrepute here.

The online MPH program which was completed by, at least, Grant Mullens, Nick Kerr, and the son of
a frequent poster........Let's see where it ranks here......
https://www.collegechoice.net/rankings/best-online-masters-in-public-health/

I don't know what program South would be (is?) applying for or to which school he's leaning.
. I feel really safe in saying that our MPH program will not be a negative for him.
If you believe in forever
Then life is just a one-night stand
If there's a rock and roll heaven
Well you know they've got a hell of a band
Intuit
"He has reportedly been contacted by a long list of schools including high majors Minnesota, Stanford, Texas A&M, Oregon State Northwestern, Vanderbilt, and California"

"Played 32-33 minutes / game and averaged 13.8 points, 5 rebounds and 2 assists / game. Was a 37% 3 point shooter and a 83% foul shooter.

Was named third team all league this past year. Plus he's a two time All Academic performer and a D-1-AAA Scholar athlete"

source: paraphrased from Minnesota Gopher Illustrated article.
Harborview
Big C
He would fill a need and be a great fit at Cal! An MA in Public Health would make him even more attractive to medical schools.
calfanz
Kid is a legit student from Canada. Apparently has close to a 4.0
calbearinamaze
BC Calfan said:

Quote:

A. What Grad program?

I apologize I simply missed your post, when I sent mine.

No, he's a grad-transfer==>1 year of eligibility.
Mullens, Kerr and son of poster may have completed it in less than two year OR completed it once out the workforce.

BTW: the NCAA has been chasing their proverbial tails for a couple of years. One of the things they
were (are?) considering is the following (using Syracuse as an example and exaggerating a bit for the sake
of some much need humor:

Let's say X grads-transfers in to Syracuse and enrolls in their go-to program for
athletes.....Advanced Bulletin Board Lettering.

IF X, by dumb luck, fails to complete this difficult program in one-year, the plan was (is?) that Cuse
would lose a scholarship.

If you believe in forever
Then life is just a one-night stand
If there's a rock and roll heaven
Well you know they've got a hell of a band
KoreAmBear
Intuit said:

Kareem Smith Potential GT
Seems like a great fit.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.