Juwan Howard

1,775 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by calumnus
ncbears
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Now Head Coach at University of Michigan.
An interesting choice.....
ncbears
And you thought Cal's search process was flawed
GBear4Life
He was the top assistant under one of the top NBA coaches in one of the most respected organizations. And a legendary Michigan player.

I don't know what any of that all means, I just know it's a good resume.

It's May. College coaching vacancies are filled. Coaches and programs are set. If the Providence HC was their only other option (and it seemed like he used UM to get a raise like Musselman did at UNR) for a proven HC, Howard seems like a no-brainer.
calumnus
GBear4Life said:

He was the top assistant under one of the top NBA coaches in one of the most respected organizations. And a legendary Michigan player.

I don't know what any of that all means, I just know it's a good resume.

It's May. College coaching vacancies are filled. Coaches and programs are set. If the Providence HC was their only other option (and it seemed like he used UM to get a raise like Musselman did at UNR) for a proven HC, Howard seems like a no-brainer.

Yeah, I don't get the hand wringing. Seems like a really good choice under less than ideal circumstances. A little like if we had hired JKidd or Shareef or maybe KJ if he were an NBA coach and not a mayor.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.