Score predictions against Duke?

4,920 Views | 54 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by helltopay1
SFCityBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
tsubamoto2001 said:

Duke's probably #1 by default right now. Still really early. So many teams lost guys to the pros and it'll be interesting to see how everything shakes out by the middle of December. Their PF Hurt is a freshman still feeling his way through. No one else on the roster is really worth mentioning, IMO.

SFCityBear said:

tsubamoto2001 said:

I actually think Duke is a decent matchup for us. They don't have a big-time scoring wing (Stanley is more of a slasher that plays off his teammates).

I feel like the Brown-Austin combo can compete with Tre Jones, who isn't tall or particularly explosive.

Carey isn't the mobile big that I feel would give us big issues. We'll see though.

bearfan93 said:

82 - 65 Duke

Not sure who we have to guard Tre up top or Carey down low.

Duke's defense has been solid but their outside shooting has been less than average. Can't let them get in transition as all their wings are crazy athletic (especially Stanley from Sierra Canyon - kid can fly).

Welcome back. Glad to see you have returned.

You've mentioned 3 positions. Why is Duke ranked #1? Are the other big and the other wing really good, or what?

Thanks. This could be interesting to watch. I hope it stays interesting for 40 minutes.
SFCityBear
bearup said:

tsubamoto2001 said:

Quote:

You've mentioned 3 positions. Why is Duke ranked #1? Are the other big and the other wing really good, or what?

I'm sure he will get back to you.

Most of the following is in reference.com. This is JMH-take.

Why is Duke ranked #1?

Because the all-knowing posters put them there.
They are young.

The other big is 6'9 215" super-freshman Matthew Hurt (essentially 11ppg, 4 rpg, 1 apg)

The other wing is a group effort of 3-4 guys.

(Thank goodness this is not Zion&Co )

Thanks. Did you mean the Duke players are young, or the all-knowing posters are young, or both?
SFCityBear
SFCityBear said:

bearup said:

tsubamoto2001 said:

Quote:

I'm sure he will get back to you.

Most of the following is in reference.com. This is JMH-take.

Why is Duke ranked #1?

Because the all-knowing posters put them there.
They are young.

The other big is 6'9 215" super-freshman Matthew Hurt (essentially 11ppg, 4 rpg, 1 apg)

The other wing is a group effort of 3-4 guys.

(Thank goodness this is not Zion&Co )

Thanks. Did you mean the Duke players are young, or the all-knowing posters are young, or both?
dimitrig

Interesting to read that a lot of Duke fans lost interest in the team because of so many one-and-done players.

One poster put it this way:

"This year Carey was the only top ten recruit who chose Duke. The others are top 20-30s, but I'm actually excited with the possibility of guys staying around for 2 or 3 years. Maybe even staying for their 4 year degree."

Pigskin Pete
calbearinamaze
SF said:

All of us!
If you believe in forever
Then life is just a one-night stand
If there's a rock and roll heaven
Well you know they've got a hell of a band
calbearinamaze
bearup said:

SF said:

All of us!
To be honest, I meant "pollsters" (as in those whose opinions make up the polls) not "posters".

Freudian slip. My bad.
If you believe in forever
Then life is just a one-night stand
If there's a rock and roll heaven
Well you know they've got a hell of a band
SFCityBear
bearup said:

bearup said:

SF said:

All of us!
To be honest, I meant "pollsters" (as in those whose opinions make up the polls) not "posters".

Freudian slip. My bad.
That's good to know, because I hate being left out. I'm not all-knowing, and I'm not young either.
SFCityBear
dimitrig said:

Interesting to read that a lot of Duke fans lost interest in the team because of so many one-and-done players.

One poster put it this way:

"This year Carey was the only top ten recruit who chose Duke. The others are top 20-30s, but I'm actually excited with the possibility of guys staying around for 2 or 3 years. Maybe even staying for their 4 year degree."

Imagine that. A 4 year degree for a basketball player. What a concept.
oskidunker
As long as we don't end up with 5/points in the first half I am ok
Go Bears!
BeachedBear
oskidunker said:

As long as we don't end up with 5/points in the first half I am ok
You just had to type that, didn't you?!?! Anything bad in the first half is all on you oskidunker!
bear2034
Grant Anticevich 115
Duke 47
stu
oskirules said:

Grant Anticevich 115
Duke 47
Is that points or pints?
CAL4LIFE
bearister
If the refs let the young men bang like they do in The Dance, I'm thinking Matt Bradley is going to acquit himself quite well. He knows he is tough enough to take it to any man. On the other hand, if the refs kneel at the altar of Ole Prune Face, Matt will be in foul trouble fast.

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
bearister
CAL4LIFE said:

I met Ken Howard in the grill at Quail Lodge in Carmel Valley, 10 or more years ago. He was visiting his mother that lived in the area. He was a very, very nice man. He passed away in 2016.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
89Bear
Following the lead of Cal football:
-just before tip we learn 3 starters are out due to injuries. This is the first moment we had a clue there was something wrong.
-2 minutes in another starter goes down.
-Erving is forced to play 34 minutes.

Duke 103
Bears 45
Injured guys are week to week.
GRRAAH
GRRAAH said:

84-47 Devils

I win the prize!
Golden One
GRRAAH said:

GRRAAH said:

84-47 Devils

I win the prize!
Barely! I predicted 90-58. Actual score was 87-52.
dimitrig
GRRAAH said:

GRRAAH said:

84-47 Devils

I win the prize!

Is that better than 88-55 that helltopay predicted?

Overall, we were all pretty accurate predicting Duke would score in the 80s and Cal would be in the 50s or 60s.

Unfortunately.

helltopay1
not so fast!!!!!!HTP predicted 88-55. Call me crazy ( some of you do) but I still maintain that Cal could have used 1-2 more days rest.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.