Parking for Game at UCLA

1,327 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by LMK5
SonomanA1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I will be attending the game at UCLA on Jan. 19 for the first time. What is the best option for parking? I have never been to the UCLA campus for that matter. Are there any sites worth seeing before the game or place to eat? I will be taking my son and grandson.

Go Bears!
Civil Bear
The nearby Getty Art Museum is worth a visit.

If you like ramen, there are lots of options south of campus, my favorite being Daikokuya.
MSaviolives
La Brea Tar Pits is a fascinating visit for kids and adults
CreditBear
I'm also planning to go. Have not purchased tickets yet. Is there a rooter (i.e. Cal) section. This is the first time at Pauley in about 20 years so any advise would be great.
Fyght4Cal
Parking is $13. I like parking in Lot 7, off of Sunset. It is the closest to the Pavilion. But Lot 8 on the south side of Pauley is good, too, as it is a short stroll away.

Patience is a virtue, but I’m not into virtue signaling these days.
LMK5
I also prefer lot 7. Just get on Sunset and turn into Westwood Plaza, then make a quick right on Charles Young Dr. North and the lot will be on your left. When you walk out of the lot you will be literally 50ft. from Pauley. We've seen a few events there including gymnastics just yesterday. Wonderful facility.

If you've never seen the beautiful campus give yourself lots of time to view it in daylight.
SonomanA1
Thanks for the parking info. The price looks reasonable if that is the game day parking fee. The only complicating factor is the Packers - Niners game. Is there a place nearby to watch before and after the basketball game?
LMK5
SonomanA1 said:

Thanks for the parking info. The price looks reasonable if that is the game day parking fee. The only complicating factor is the Packers - Niners game. Is there a place nearby to watch before and after the basketball game?
There may be a place in Ackerman Hall in one of the 1st or 2nd floor eating places. It's just down Bruin Walk from Pauley. I seem to remember the Vikings playoff game being televised by one of the eateries. Most will be closed on Sunday however.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.