Cal offers JC point guard

1,507 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Big C
oskidunker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
#Cal has offered a scholarship to 2020 PG Malik Zachery (@_TheMZachery3) of Chipola College (@ChipolaHoops) in Marianna, FL. He will have 3 years to play. H/t (@JucoRecruiting) #Pac12Hoops
6'2". Has three years to play
He shoots 32% from three, 74% free throws and 45% from 2. He is 22 in the nation in assists.
sluggo
oskidunker said:

#Cal has offered a scholarship to 2020 PG Malik Zachery (@_TheMZachery3) of Chipola College (@ChipolaHoops) in Marianna, FL. He will have 3 years to play. H/t (@JucoRecruiting) #Pac12Hoops
6'2". Has three years to play
He shoots 32% from three, 74% free throws and 45% from 2. He is 22 in the nation in assists.
I guess they want the Paris Austin replacement to play almost exactly like Paris Austin (with a little smoother jumper).

Sluggo
sluggo
Also found that he sat out last year after getting finger surgery and that is why he will have three years.

Sluggo
helltopay1
Usually not a good sign when you are offering scholarships to junior college players. San Jose State Football used to have mostly JC players because they couldn't recruit High School players.
helltopay1
This probably means that the Georgia PG Fox was recruiting will be going to Gonzaga instead of Cal. Just reading between the lines.
NVBear78
Very glad to see this offer as we need immediate help at the PG position. Many Cal coaches over the years have added key JC recruits to fill important short term needs.
Big C
Three years left puts him in the same class as Joel Brown. I'd rather see us get a competent grad transfer and then a solid prep PG in the 2021 class.

Of course, I'd rather this and I'd rather that, blah, blah, blah. Fox may not have a wide variety of options to upgrade the roster,
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.