Backup PG Glapion graduates from Berkeley Law

2,366 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by calumnus
HoopDreams
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Congrats to Brenden. As a senior he provided some solid backup minutes. He was a secure ball handler and didn't try to do too much when he was in. Just handle the ball and play fundamental defense.

But after he graduated from the team, I saw him in a RSF pickup game with a former WSU player and some other solid pickup players. He was so clearly better than everyone else on the court (including WSU player) as he moved well with the ball, made perfect passes and hit almost all of his 3s.

Seemed like he could do what ever he wanted on the court.

It reminded me just how talented Cal/Pac12 players are.

As we still search for a PG, I've wondered if we had a walk-on who could play a similar role as he did, but from what I can see, I don't think this year's team has such a player.

dimitrig

Awesome! I love it when players are equally as much students as athletes!

Go Bears!
KoreAmBear
Great accomplishment
SFCityBear
Excellent! A good accomplishment.

And kudos to Cuonzo Martin for giving Brendan a spot on the Cal team, and then going to bat for him to get him a scholarship for his final year!

91Cal
Congratulations to Brenden! Good luck with the bar!

@admin (or someone in the know), where is the graduate emoji? Where is the diploma emoji? For commits, where is the golden ticket emoji?
bearister
What Bar Exam?
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
91Cal
bearister said:

What Bar Exam
Good point! I stand corrected...derp
bearister
Pass Go, collect law license.

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
Cal8285
91Cal said:

bearister said:

What Bar Exam
Good point! I stand corrected...derp
Actually, not much correction needed. I would still wish Brenden good luck on the bar exam AND good luck in having the July exam now scheduled for September actually happen in September, AND good luck with whatever weird process there will be for having the exam on-line, and however they will ensure the integrity of the exam.

With some potential variants if Brenden is taking the exam other than in California. Crazy times.
calumnus
HoopDreams said:

Congrats to Brenden. As a senior he provided some solid backup minutes. He was a secure ball handler and didn't try to do too much when he was in. Just handle the ball and play fundamental defense....
As we still search for a PG, I've wondered if we had a walk-on who could play a similar role as he did, but from what I can see, I don't think this year's team has such a player.

I am still hoping there is an incoming recruited walk-on PG, which we won't hear about officially until they are enrolled in school.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.