NCAA rules against immediate eligibility for non-grad transfers

1,118 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by oskidunker
KoreAmBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Not good news for getting Hyder to play immediately? Wasn't he trying to get an individual waiver?

calumnus
KoreAmBear said:

Not good news for getting Hyder to play immediately? Wasn't he trying to get an individual waiver?

I have to think that we have been recruiting walk-on PGs to fill the openings there, which we wouldn't have heard about. Could be a huge opportunity for someone. Brandon Smith was originally coming in as a walk-on (his other offers were DIi) but when the roster opened up got a scholarship and playing time.
BeachedBear
calumnus said:

KoreAmBear said:

I have to think that we have been recruiting walk-on PGs to fill the openings there, which we wouldn't have heard about. Could be a huge opportunity for someone. Brandon Smith was originally coming in as a walk-on (his other offers were DIi) but when the roster opened up got a scholarship and playing time.
Question for BG - how competent is Logan Alters as a backup PG (or even a backup to the backup)? He seemed to get a lot of hype for a walkon, but I don't recall seeing him get any minutes last season.
oskidunker

While he's more suited to play off the ball, Foreman can also be a backup point guard for teams who don't have a clear-cut reserve. There are some NCAA Basketball who could use the Stony Brook Shooter.
Go Bears!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.