Story Poster
Photo by Twitter / Makale Foreman
Cal Basketball

Transfer Point Guard Makale Foreman Commits To Cal Basketball

May 21, 2020

With the Bears looking to add a guard to their 2020 class, 6-1/200 Stony Brook senior grad transfer guard Makale Foreman completed the Bears recruiting in the 2020 class with his announced transfer to Cal today.

“This was a life-changing decision and I feel confident I have made the right one,” said Foreman this morning. “I have connected with all of the staff and they are phenomenal. I have also talked to a couple players so far.

“They see me coming in and providing some leadership, scoring and facilitating that they are losing from this past year.”

Foreman announced this morning on Twitter, saying:

“This has been a tough process and I’m very thankful for all the schools that have recruited me. I’m grateful for this opportunity and life-changing experience. I believe this is the best decision for me and my career. 

“With that being said, I’ll be attending the University of California Berkeley! #GoBears

When considering the Bears, Foreman noted that Cal’s academic prowess, the high-profile Pac-12 and the desirable location were particularly attractive to him.

“Cal is a very prestigious school and located in a great area,” said Foreman. “The Pac-12 is a great conference and very competitive.”

Originally from Tennessee, Foreman had a solid junior season at Stony Brook, averaging 15.6 points, 2.8 rebounds and 2 assists per game, hitting 36% from three and 85% from the line for the Seawolves, who finished 20-13 (10-6) in the 2019-20 season in the American East Conference.

Ultimately Foreman found what he was looking for in the Bears.

“I’m looking for a program that fits me the best and is going put me in the best situation to get ready for the next level,” said the senior guard.

Foreman has one year of eligibility remaining with the transfer after redshirting following his sophomore eason and will be eligible after finishing summer classes. Cal beat out finalists Iowa State and Santa Clara for his commitment.

More stories:

Fresno RB Jordan Hornbeak Talks Recruiting

Cal Athletics APR Scores Reach Record Highs

Discussion from...

Transfer Point Guard Makale Foreman Commits To Cal Basketball

8,395 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by calumnus
91Cal
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Welcome to the family! Go Bears!
calumnus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sounds like a solid pickup for much needed PG depth at the very least and from his video maybe a lot more. Definitely like that he has step-back range on his three.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.