Basketball renewals out. No deadline given

2,560 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by smh
oskidunker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Unless I missed it. Price seems the same. If anyone knows the deadline, please post.Go,d Standard said "They think "it is the end of June.
Go Bears!
Bearprof
I found it surprising there was no mention of what will happen if the season has to be truncated, cancelled, or held without audiences.
oskidunker
yes, hard to understand. Bury head in sand and proceed.
Go Bears!
Golden One
I renewed my season tickets this afternoon. GO BEARS!
bearister
I'm buying them come....

*Chris Pine, Sturdy Golden Bear, '2002, B.A. English
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
smh
HoHW.. great flick by director David Mackenzie / writer Taylor Sheridan.
esp tense last scene out on the porch.
# spoilers !

another gem by the same writer is a much darker Wind River (2017)..
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5362988

muting ~250 handles, turnaround is fair play
oskidunker
I looked at several pac12 renewals and none mentioned contingency plans. Byu has told their fans Renewals will be delayed until summer so they can better understand what the season may look like.
Go Bears!
smh
oskidunker said:

I looked at several pac12 renewals and none mentioned contingency plans..
BeachedBear
I commute to the bay area for Basketball and Football games, so renewing involves much more than just sending a check. I'm thinking the prudent thing is to NOT renew until about a dozen questions are resolved. (I already paid for Football, so I'm stuck with that one - but I'm assuming the Vegas game will not be my annual road trip).

Those questions may not be resolved until end of summer, so there is some shared risk that Cal Bball should consider. Sure they could just say "renew now or lose your seats" but besides, being tone-deaf* there really is no longer a demand for my seats, so not much leverage.

*I own a small business and most customers,vendors, alliance partners and others have demonstrated an incredible level of civilized behavior that has really made me happy during this pandemic. However, there are four institutions that have been so greedy and ignorant, that I have either terminated them or am in the process. They include a bank, an insurance company, a payroll company and a marketing company (which will likely be out of business in a year). I'm sure the other three will be losing a significant portion of their customer base.

'No deadline' gives me hope that Cal doesn't fall into that category.
MSaviolives
I sent an email to Gold Standard asking about the deadline to renew and also about the refund policy in view of COVID. Here is their response:

Quote:

We have the renewal deadline set at July 3rd. If there are no games played or the season must be played in a no-fan environment, you will be able to move your season tickets over to the next season or request a refund. So you can renew knowing you'll be taken care of regardless. If you need any help over the phone or have any other questions, feel free to text or call my cell above. Hope to chat with you soon. Go Bears!

smh
great to know, thanks MSL
oskidunker
Why in the hell was there no deadline in the mailing? This kind of stuff really drives me crazy, especially now. Its not a lot to ask that pertinent information be included in a request for money for which we may get no games. Ask the cruise people how the refunds are going after 4 months. I have no problem carrying it over until next year but if you cant, I would be careful.

Ama Arizona. https://arizonawildcats.com/news/2020/3/31/general-football-and-mens-basketball-season-ticket-renewal-deadline-changed-to-june-1.aspx
Go Bears!
glutton
Bearprof said:

I found it surprising there was no mention of what will happen if the season has to be truncated, cancelled, or held without audiences.
I agree. I thought that they would at least acknowledge the uncertainty and provide some reassurance that refunds will be an option in the event that there are no games for fans to attend. I saw another comment in this thread where someone's Gold Standard rep replied to them & told them that, but that is info that should be provided up front in the email where they are asking us to renew.
MSaviolives
glutton said:

Bearprof said:

I agree. I thought that they would at least acknowledge the uncertainty and provide some reassurance that refunds will be an option in the event that there are no games for fans to attend. I saw another comment in this thread where someone's Gold Standard rep replied to them & told them that, but that is info that should be provided up front in the email where they are asking us to renew.
Someone's? Come on man, my post was only a couple of posts above yours. What am I--chopped liver?

Just kidding. I agree with you. I never should have had to email for that obviously important information.

For me, I am pretty sure I will not want to be in an enclosed space with thousands of people without an effective vaccine unless I have already caught the virus and therefore immune, or perhaps if a really good antiviral treatment is found. So if they go forward with the season with fans, and there is no vaccine, I guess I am out of luck and won't get a refund if I renew now.
glutton
MSaviolives said:

glutton said:

Bearprof said:

Someone's? Come on man, my post was only a couple of posts above yours. What am I--chopped liver?

Just kidding. I agree with you. I never should have had to email for that obviously important information.

For me, I am pretty sure I will not want to be in an enclosed space with thousands of people without an effective vaccine unless I have already caught the virus and therefore immune, or perhaps if a really good antiviral treatment is found. So if they go forward with the season with fans, and there is no vaccine, I guess I am out of luck and won't get a refund if I renew now.
LOL, sorry @MSaviolives! I just couldn't see the other messages while I was typing my reply!
glutton
MSaviolives said:

I sent an email to Gold Standard asking about the deadline to renew and also about the refund policy in view of COVID. Here is their response:

Quote:

We have the renewal deadline set at July 3rd. If there are no games played or the season must be played in a no-fan environment, you will be able to move your season tickets over to the next season or request a refund. So you can renew knowing you'll be taken care of regardless. If you need any help over the phone or have any other questions, feel free to text or call my cell above. Hope to chat with you soon. Go Bears!

Which person replied to you? I emailed Gold Standard 2 days ago with questions, and one person left me a voice mail saying they saw my email & telling me to call her if I have questions (duh, my questions were in my email!) I wasn't available to talk on the phone during business hours, so I sent a second email asking them to reply to my questions by email, and I still haven't received an email response, though they did send an email reminder that it's my 'last chance' to renew and be eligible to win prizes.
Cal Athletics is completely tone deaf in how they're handling things. They should be encouraging season ticket holders to renew by reassuring us about the options that will be available if we renew and then there aren't games for fans to attend. Instead, they're trying to act like this is a normal season ticket renewal situation, and forcing fans to individually contact them with questions related to the COVID crisis. Terrible customer relations.
smh
glutton said:

They should be encouraging season ticket holders to renew by reassuring us about the options that will be available if we renew and then there aren't games for fans to attend.
learn cal's plan, hmmm, from customer reps crouched in the trenches?

going back centuries folklore advises "no plan survives first contact with the enemy", variously attributed, and truer than homebodies might imagine. esp vs a novel plague's imagined strengths/weakness.

anyway, we put down a few bucks for m/w's hoops, fingers crossed..
win the game or know the reason why

<MelBrooks' 3min classic "hope for the best / expect the worse" youtubey goes here>

oskidunker
Also got a call from someone in Lis Angeles area. Did not answer as I did not recognize number. Wanted to talk t me about how I wanted to renew and to discuss eventualities. Michigan put it in writing. Why cant we do that? Seems like they are concerned if you didn't renew the first week. Theorizes dont entice me. Inrenew when it is convenient for me
Go Bears!
smh
oskidunker said:

Also got a call from someone in LOs Angeles area. Did not answer as I did not recognize number. Wanted to talk tO me about how I wanted to renew and to discuss eventualities.
we never answer calls from unrecognized numbers neither.. answering machines rock -> Big Time.

ours came from a helpful GoldAdvantage crew member working from home, as most do (all?) during campus shutdown and cleansing.

she answered our questions (to the extent possible) and got m/w ticket applications posted, grateful for her help.

good luck OD.
HoopDreams
just renewed my season tixs

bearister
Same.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
oskidunker
Amidst eternal hope, renewed today. Go Bears!
Go Bears!
NVBear78
Renewed today and looking forward to Year # 2 under Coach Fox. Love this coach and kids, reminds me of Coach Wilcox and how smart and hard his team plays!
smh
oskidunker said:

Amidst eternal hope, renewed today. Go Bears!
covid be gone, covid be gone, gone girl go, riight out of town and don't come back

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.