Great ESPN Article on Jaylen Brown

1,563 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by HoopDreams
AlohaBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Don't think I saw the reference here... Go Bears!

Man for the Moment
DCW67MSW
This is a great read & full of Berkeley nostalgia.
01Bear
I've been a fan of Jaylen Brown's since I read about his choosing Cal over the likes of Kentucky and UCLA even though the other schools had better basketball facilities and programs. He specifically chose Cal for the education. Seeing how he has continued to learn and develop off the court as well as on it has made me even prouder of him.

I was upset when the Lakers drafted Brandon Ingram over Jaylen. I knew Jaylen would be a special player but an even better person. As a lifelong Lakers fan, I wanted to see Jaylen in the Purple and Gold. Seeing him in the hated green and white galls me. But I cheer for him. He has managed to do the heretofore impossible and unthinkable and made me root for a Celtic. I mean, I might have wished Leon Powe to do well, but I didn't cheer for him (especially not in the 2008 NBA Finals). I am actively rooting for Jaylen's success (though I won't ever wear a Celtic jersey) on the court, but more so off it.
TilWeWobble
Thanks for posting this, DC. Finally got around to reading it and agree it's a must read for Cal fans (and anyone else). I'm enjoying watching Jaylen in the playoffs; he was terrific last game.
calumnus
Great article. Proud that Jaylen is an alum!
CVBear01
Money can't buy this kind of publicity for the school.
HoopDreams
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.