Marsalis Roberson to Cal!

4,201 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by bearmanpg
KoreAmBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Let's go! Congrats Marsalis and the coaching staff.

stu
Great news! Looks good for everyone concerned.
89Bear
This is awesome. Number 8 player in California!!!
calumnus
Awesome! Welcome Marsalis!
philbert
Welcome Marsalis! Looking forward to watching you and Monty team up together. Now it's time to bring your other BOD teammate, Jalen Lewis.
graguna
philbert said:

Welcome Marsalis! Looking forward to watching you and Monty team up together. Now it's time to bring your other BOD teammate, Jalen Lewis.
BOD pipeline; Ivan, Paris, Monte, Marsalis and hopefully Jalen in 2 years
OneTopOneChickenApple
It's been a long time since I visited this board, with the world turned around, including my life.
Time to get back into hoops for an escape. Great to hear about this!
harebear
Welcome Marsalis! Can't wait to see you play for Cal!
helltopay1
how many scholarships left for 2021??
NVBear78
Welcome to Cal Go Bears!
BearGreg
Staff
helltopay1 said:

how many scholarships left for 2021??
As a subscriber you can see our detailed breakdown of the roster and scholarship availability for 2021 here
dimitrig

Maybe Fox can recruit after all!

KoreAmBear
dimitrig said:

If he lands Holmes I'm with you.
helltopay1
Now I'm really excited...Roberson said that Mahaney, the 4-star PG from Moraga and he are "best friends." Mahaney will play as a Junior this year. He said that his three schools are, " Cal, Stanford and St. Marys. Cal sets up as perfect for him on paper. Joel Brown will be a Senior if he came to Cal--Brown is strictly a passer and passer. So, Mahaney would see plenty of PT as a freshman shooter and would be the startling P)G as a sophomore. How ideal is that??also, Roberson would be a Sophomore while Mahaney would be a freshman. In addition, Bowser and Mahaney would spend two years together assuming they are friendly.
In addition, his family would be able to easily see all his games if he went to Cal..Traveling to Palo Alto presents nightmare traffic problems. Heck....he could live at home if he went to Cal..St.Marys???A possibility, but, why go to a school which plays in an inferior conference , only seats 100 folks in the stands and only has a small chance of going to the Big dance every year because of Gonzaga??????

Mods?????Any early insight on Mahaney choosing Cal rather than Stanford and St. Marys????
SFCityBear
helltopay1 said:

Now I'm really excited...Roberson said that Mahaney, the 4-star PG from Moraga and he are "best friends." Mahaney will play as a Junior this year. He said that his three schools are, " Cal, Stanford and St. Marys. Cal sets up as perfect for him on paper. Joel Brown will be a Senior if he came to Cal--Brown is strictly a passer and passer. So, Mahaney would see plenty of PT as a freshman shooter and would be the startling P)G as a sophomore. How ideal is that??also, Roberson would be a Sophomore while Mahaney would be a freshman. In addition, Bowser and Mahaney would spend two years together assuming they are friendly.
In addition, his family would be able to easily see all his games if he went to Cal..Traveling to Palo Alto presents nightmare traffic problems. Heck....he could live at home if he went to Cal..St.Marys???A possibility, but, why go to a school which plays in an inferior conference , only seats 100 folks in the stands and only has a small chance of going to the Big dance every year because of Gonzaga??????

Mods?????Any early insight on Mahaney choosing Cal rather than Stanford and St. Marys????
Is Mahaney an Irish Ferrari? If he is half as good as Frankie, I say take him in a heartbeat.
helltopay1
we'll take him...we have to beat out Stanford & St. Marys..
bearmanpg
helltopay1 said:

I've seen Mahaney multiple times...IMO, Mahaney would be the starter at point as a freshman....he is a complete player with a great BB IQ.....If Cal can land him, it will be a BIG get.....Only knock on Mahaney is his slight build but what do you expect from a 15 or 16 year old.....His older brother, who is going to Northern Arizona on a full ride, has a stronger body so it's more than probable that Aiden will put on muscle too.....and he is better than Frankie Ferrari by quite a margin....
calumnus
dimitrig said:

Or Marsalis, let's keep our fingers crossed!
helltopay1
more likely, Brown will start at PG. Mahoney will be paired up as the SG. Then Mahaney will start as a soph. Perfect scenario. .
SFCityBear
helltopay1 said:

more likely, Brown will start at PG. Mahoney will be paired up as the SG. Then Mahaney will start as a soph. Perfect scenario. .
Who is Mahoney?
bearmanpg
SFCityBear said:

helltopay1 said:

Who is Mahoney?
It's Mahaney and I believe he is much better than Brown (he is a big time threat to score where Brown doesn't even have to be defended).....Actually, Mahaney could start this year if he wasn't a junior in HS.....
AunBear89
SFCityBear said:

<snip> Is Mahaney an Irish Ferrari? <snip>

helltopay1
dearbearman......stop teasing me...is he coming to Call????
bearmanpg
helltopay1 said:

dearbearman......stop teasing me...is he coming to Call????
I have no idea......just relaying what I've seen of his play.....
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.