calbears "difficult choice to cancel 2020-21" men/women's BB tickets

2 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Big C
smh
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Quote:

Cal Family,

We hope this email finds you well during this pandemic.

First off, we want to thank you for your incredible support and loyalty to our Cal Men's Basketball program throughout the years. Under Coach Fox's leadership, our team improved in the win column and finished the season with a victory over Stanford in the shortened 2020 Pac-12 Tournament.

As we navigate through an unprecedented time in our history, we want to provide you with an update on tickets for the 2020-21 Men's Basketball season and offer clarity for this winter. While we don't have all the answers at this point, the health and well-being of our student-athletes, staff and greater community remains our priority.

Given current state and local public health guidelines and uncertainty for how the season will unfold, we have made the difficult choice to cancel 2020-21 Men's Basketball season tickets.

As a Cal Men's Basketball season ticket member, please consider the following options to help make a lasting impact on our student-athletes experience:

a) Your entire 2020 season ticket and per-seat donation payment will automatically be credited to the 2021 season. No action is required for this option.

b) Convert your 2020 season ticket payment into a tax-deductible donation to the Cal Athletics Fund* by contacting goldstandard@berkeley.edu

As a thank you for selecting one of the above options, Cal Athletics will provide the following for every season-ticket account:

1) Three (3) extra priority points per seat. For priority points information, visit www.calathleticsfund.com/priority-points

2) 10% discount on 2021 Cal Men's Basketball home game single-game ticket purchases.

3) An exclusive virtual event with the Cal Men's Basketball coaching staff that will be announced at a later time.

If you would like to request a refund, please email goldstandard@berkeley.edu before Friday, November 13, 2020.

In the event that a limited number of spectators are allowed at Haas Pavilion this winter, Cal Athletics will offer single-game tickets. Cal Men's Basketball season-ticket members will have priority access to an exclusive pre-sale before the general public. If you choose to apply your balance to the 2021-22 season, the credit will be available to you to purchase single-game tickets should those become available this season.

We will continue to provide updates as we receive more information from the Pac-12, campus and City of Berkeley health officials.

Stay safe, and Go Bears

*Please consult your tax advisor

Cal8285
smh said:

Quote:

Cal Family,

We hope this email finds you well during this pandemic.

First off, we want to thank you for your incredible support and loyalty to our Cal Men's Basketball program throughout the years. Under Coach Fox's leadership, our team improved in the win column and finished the season with a victory over Stanford in the shortened 2020 Pac-12 Tournament.

As we navigate through an unprecedented time in our history, we want to provide you with an update on tickets for the 2020-21 Men's Basketball season and offer clarity for this winter. While we don't have all the answers at this point, the health and well-being of our student-athletes, staff and greater community remains our priority.

Given current state and local public health guidelines and uncertainty for how the season will unfold, we have made the difficult choice to cancel 2020-21 Men's Basketball season tickets.

As a Cal Men's Basketball season ticket member, please consider the following options to help make a lasting impact on our student-athletes experience:

a) Your entire 2020 season ticket and per-seat donation payment will automatically be credited to the 2021 season. No action is required for this option.

b) Convert your 2020 season ticket payment into a tax-deductible donation to the Cal Athletics Fund* by contacting goldstandard@berkeley.edu

As a thank you for selecting one of the above options, Cal Athletics will provide the following for every season-ticket account:

1) Three (3) extra priority points per seat. For priority points information, visit www.calathleticsfund.com/priority-points

2) 10% discount on 2021 Cal Men's Basketball home game single-game ticket purchases.

3) An exclusive virtual event with the Cal Men's Basketball coaching staff that will be announced at a later time.

If you would like to request a refund, please email goldstandard@berkeley.edu before Friday, November 13, 2020.

In the event that a limited number of spectators are allowed at Haas Pavilion this winter, Cal Athletics will offer single-game tickets. Cal Men's Basketball season-ticket members will have priority access to an exclusive pre-sale before the general public. If you choose to apply your balance to the 2021-22 season, the credit will be available to you to purchase single-game tickets should those become available this season.

We will continue to provide updates as we receive more information from the Pac-12, campus and City of Berkeley health officials.

Stay safe, and Go Bears

*Please consult your tax advisor

I have not yet purchased my 2020-21 basketball tickets. I presume that is why I received an email identical to yours, except that the portion of the email you received which I have in bold above was replaced with the following.
______

"If you would like to place a deposit for the 2021-22 Cal Men's Basketball season, please contact your Gold Standard Representative at goldstandard@berkeley.edu.

"By placing a deposit on your season tickets, Cal Athletics will provide three (3) extra priority points as an additional thank you.

"Please let us know if you would like to place a deposit on Cal Men's Basketball season tickets before Friday, November 13 2020."
_______

I have no idea what deposit amount they want in order to get my 3 extra priority points, but since I didn't buy already, I don't get the option to either donate or rollover and get a 10% discount on single game tickets plus access to a virtual event. Can't say I'm disappointed. Not sure I care about the 3 extra priority points, either. Maybe I care about the financial health of the basketball program enough to make a deposit, but the 3 priority points won't likely be what pushes me over the edge to make a deposit.
oskidunker
Renewed. Will let the money roll over until next year with hopes we might get to go to some games towards the end of the season. Tv is ok this year.
Go Bears!
ncbears
And, if spectators are permitted, what of the student section? Will they get one side of the Arena to be spaced out? Straw Hat Band? These questions to be answered ..... later.
Big C

Damn this virus!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.