Arizona makes Elite 8

1,891 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by wvitbear
wbbilluminati
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Congrats to Arizona for upsetting Texas A&M last night. Indiana also upset 1 seed NC State and will face Arizona for a spot in the Final Four. I must say I think Arizona thus has a good shot at making the Final 4.

wvitbear
Arizona and Stanford are the two best defensive teams in the Pac 12. But by different methods. Arizoina makes you turn the ball over and Stanford makes you miss shots. Better not be weak at guard if you play Arizona. Arizona can be beat if you are tall and can withstand the assault in the back court. They don't matchup with Stanford well.
wbbilluminati
Yes, I was a bit surprised by Arizona's defense last night with all the pressure. It was effective last night but I agree it wouldn't match up with everyone on just any night. Kind of reminded me of some of the UCLA teams under Olivier with Blue, Willis, and Quinn.

Also, don't think Arizona can expect 13 made three's for the next game.
wvitbear
Arizona's defense is real and they have the defensive player of the year there. But you are right about the threes.
wifeisafurd
Zona also had a great point guard.
CalFanatic
On a related NCAA tournament note, Paige Bueckers is unreal. I could just sit and watch her play for hours.What an Elite 8 match vs Baylor!
CalFanatic
Duplicate Post
wbbilluminati
The thing I notice about paige is her feet...she's always able to get a good shot off even if her feet aren't square up or off one leg (either one, too).
HoopDreams
wbbilluminati said:

The thing I notice about paige is her feet...she's always able to get a good shot off even if her feet aren't square up or off one leg (either one, too).
that takes a lot of skill and talent, but I've learned that it usually is also a ton of practice ... taking one legged shots, taking fall away shots, taking so many reps you know how to adjust your body and arms when not square, etc, etc. etc.

Paige has all-world talent, including incredible basketball IQ, but she also probably puts in a ton of work ... just ask Steph Curry
wbbilluminati
AZ now Final 4 bound! Aari....just wow...did we recruit her?? lolol
CalFanatic
What a 4 year turnaround. Hoping we can do something similar!!
wifeisafurd
CalFanatic said:

What a 4 year turnaround. Hoping we can do something similar!!
Recruit a guard like McDonald.
ncbears
Y'all mean recruit a transfer like McDonald. Didn't she spend her first year at Washington?
wbbilluminati
ncbears said:

Y'all mean recruit a transfer like McDonald. Didn't she spend her first year at Washington?
Yes but she played HS in Stockton.
HoopDreams
2 pac teams in final four, and fortunately they don't play each other

wvitbear
Two best defensive teams. But in different ways.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.