Jayda Curry named Cal-Hi Sports Ms. Basketball 2021

2,206 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by puget sound cal fan
Ashfield63
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Great article in Cal-Hi Sports about Jayda. It mentions she was snubbed by ESPN top 100 list for 2021.
GGV
stu
Reminds me of Layshia Clarendon who won the same award but did not make McD AA (though she was a top-100). Layshia worked out pretty well.
Ashfield63
stu said:

Reminds me of Layshia Clarendon who won the same award but did not make McD AA (though she was a top-100). Layshia worked out pretty well.

Also, Jayda is the Press-Enterprise(Riverside County) Inland girl's basketball player of the year. The Bears will have two point guards this season. Lei McIntosh(junior year) has increased her ability to score. I am looking forward to watching these two put many points on the board!
GGV
stu
I expect much improved guard play this season. Leilani won't have to play 40 minutes every night. Jada looks promising. Karisma brings experience and size. Mia and Ornela should be beyond the deer-in-the-headlights stage. And Alma, Cailyn, and Jazlen can all be very good if they're healthy.
Schroeder71
2021-22 Women's Basketball Roster - University of California Golden Bears Athletics (calbears.com)

I'm used to Cal women's bball having 9 players. This season (including one walk-on) the Bears will max out the roster at fifteen ! Nine guards and six front court players will really provide the team some depth. GO BEARS!
CalFanatic
I can't wait to see the improved guard play next year. Mastrov, Curry, McIntosh, Green, Crocker.... not bad!
Baygbear
Does anyone know why the players who sat out last year are not listed as RS sophomores but instead as juniors?
wvitbear
Or Alma is not listed as a freshman?
Ashfield63
Baygbear said:

Does anyone know why the players who sat out last year are not listed as RS sophomores but instead as juniors?
In a recent interview, Charmin said there were four Juniors(no mention of Alma, Cailyn & Jazzy being RS Sophomores) and six Sophomores. Sierra Richey(Walkon) graduated in May. She is listed as a Senior. She was accepted to the MPH graduate program. Jadyn Bush & Karisma Ortiz were listed as the class of 2023. I can't recall where I read this. They have graduated, but each one sat out a year, Karisma(because of transfer rules) & Jadyn(had surgery on her (shoulder). Jadyn played at Harvard for two years. Karisma played one year for Penn State and last season for Texas. So, both can play for two years. It seems many players graduate in three years, then Grad Transfer for their fourth year of eligibility. I am not including an extra year granted because of Covid-19. I am not sure who is granted this extra year of playing.
GGV
HoopDreams
https://instagr.am/p/CRXu8qENKp1
puget sound cal fan
Ms. Curry has been a fast-rising prep hoopster with her play, and the recognition is catching-up. Exciting to think of her as a Bear.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.