volleyball covid admission policy, as proxy for women's basketball?

1,443 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by CalWSportsFan
smh
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://bearinsider.com/forums/5/topics/103716

similar rules may apply to women's basketball,,?
Quote:

BERKELEY -- In order to comply with a recent Berkeley Public Health Order, fans can expect several changes when they attend volleyball matches in Haas Pavilion this season.

For this weekend's tournament featuring teams from Cal, Butler, Nevada and North Dakota State, attendance will be capped each day at 1,000. No concessions will be sold in the arena and fans may not bring in outside food or drink. However, fans with a ticket will be allowed to exit and reenter to be able to eat or drink outside the facility.

Beginning with Cal's home match against Saint Mary's on Wednesday, Sept. 15, all fans 12 and older will be required to show proof of a full COVID vaccination and a photo ID prior to entry into Haas Pavilion. Accommodations will be made for those with a valid medical or religious exemption.

Acceptable forms of proof of full vaccination include:
  • A government-issued vaccination card
  • A photo or copy of a vaccination card either as a hardcopy or stored on a phone or electronic device
  • Documentation of vaccination from a healthcare provider
  • A personal digital COVID-19 vaccine record issued by the State of California or similar documentation issued by another government entity
  • An authentic digital record that includes a QR code and accurately displays name, date of birth, vaccine dates and vaccine type
  • UC Berkeley students and staff may use the campus access badge for proof of full vaccination status

Under the state guidance for large events, facial coverings are required at all times in Haas Pavilion for guests ages 2 and up regardless of vaccination status. Masks will be available at entrances for fans upon request.
1000 attendance limit might fit most women hoop events. men's flavor not so much.

signed, cell-less in cupertino
wvitbear
Might be more of a problem in the women's bball. We may have more than a thousand season tickets sold. Low attendance games are around 1700 to 2000.. Bigger attendance than volleyball.
wifeisafurd
why not also a proxy fo men's basketball?
ClayK
If the case counts keep plummeting, those restrictions may not apply by the time basketball starts.
smh

too soon?

src..
https://calbears.com/news/2021/9/2/mens-basketball-cal-finalizes-2021-22-non-conference-schedule.aspx
smh
wifeisafurd said:

why not also a proxy fo men's basketball?
many more bear butts than a thousand
HoopDreams
I think the 1000 limit only applies to this weekend's event

city of Berkeley policy is any indoor event OVER 1000 requires proof of vaccination

if that doesn't change, I think you need to be vaccinated to attend Cal basketball this season

https://instagr.am/p/CTqHabNv65w

OBear073akaSMFan
I went to the volleyball game vs Nevada with my vaccination card with me but they didn't even ask to look at it. After the game, I asked a security guard about showing the card and he looked at me like he didn't understand what I was asking.
HoopDreams
That's consistent with the policy as I understand it

Up to 1000, no proof of vaccine needed

Over 1000, proof of vaccine needed

Cal limited weekend event to 1000 to avoid having to verify vaccine status

OBear073akaSMFan said:

I went to the volleyball game vs Nevada with my vaccination card with me but they didn't even ask to look at it. After the game, I asked a security guard about showing the card and he looked at me like he didn't understand what I was asking.
CalWSportsFan
I hope they do verify vaccine status for basketball. I won't be coming to games otherwise. Update: upon closer reading looks like that will be the case…vaccine checks.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.