Aaliyah Gayles, USC Commit

2,485 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Ashfield63
Ashfield63
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Aaliyah Gayles 2022 USC commit was shot Sat. night at a house party in her hometown of Las Vegas. She was shot multiple times and underwent two emergency surgeries yesterday on Easter Sunday. I have not seen an update or her prognosis. LG made a statement about the situation.

She is a highly rated recruit. How very sad......Hoping the best for her recovery.....
calbear80
Sad, very sad. It is heartbreaking when young teenage women or men with great future are victims of life changing violence. We all wish her Quick and full recovery. God Bless and Help Her.
stu
local story
Schroeder71
She played well in the McDonald's All-Star game a couple of weeks ago. Sad situation.
Californium
calbear80 said:

Sad, very sad. It is heartbreaking when young teenage women or men with great future are victims of life changing violence. We all wish her Quick and full recovery. God Bless and Help Her.
FIFY sort of. really when anyone is ...
stu
True. And I like to think every young person can have great future.
stu
Follow-up: KTNV story

Gotta love her attitude.
HoopDreams
Kinda similar situation with MiCole Cayton where Coach Lindsey has a star recruit coming in with a major injury, but supported her by keeping her on the team with the scholarship

stu said:

Follow-up: KTNV story

Gotta love her attitude.
stu
Same with Tierra Rogers.
wvitbear
MiCole got her injury her first year here.
HoopDreams
actually I meant to say Tierra Rogers, but MiCole's situation was also similar, although not as severe

Tierra never stepped on the court in college
Ashfield63
wvitbear said:

MiCole got her injury her first year here.

MiCole was a Grad Transfer to Nebraska in 2020. She would have played for Nebraska out of high school, but there was a coaching change, and she came to Cal. I remember the game well when she was injured at Cal. She was in so much pain. It was difficult to watch her suffering. She reinjured her knee I think in the fall of 2019 that again required surgery. She was always hopeful she would return to the court. She was a member of the team for the last two seasons, although she played very little. I read on Raoul that MiCole has transferred to the University of Minnesota. She left Cal with three years of eligibilty to play. Several players are in the the Transfer portal from Minnesota. She must be fully recovered. I recall her being very fast. Despite being injured its great she has been able to graduate from Cal and continue her education. I spoke to her briefly at the Open Practice event in the fall of 2019. She was always very positive about playing again, and smiling. Hopefully, she will get a lot of playing time.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.