recruiting

2,924 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by HoopDreams
HoopDreams
How long do you want to ignore this user?
coaches on the road ...

blungld
That photo not quite as Bad Ass as I think they hoped. Maybe coordinate wardrobe?

"The Bear will not quilt, the Bear will not dye!"
SFCALBear72
blungld said:

That photo not quite as Bad Ass as I think they hoped. Maybe coordinate wardrobe?
So, your comments are all that you got out of this message? For me, I'm glad they are going to Texas, Virginia and Alabama to look for future Bears. SEC, ACC and Big 12 country. Introduce them to Cal WBB.

Well, you aren't the target audience. So, maybe those who are will think it's "Bad Ass". lol.

Coordinate their wardrobes? Why?
stu
No binoculars. I guess they plan to get close.
annarborbear
At this time of year, I presume that they are out there concentrating mostly on potential portal players. Would be interesting to know who they are visiting.
stu
We could still take a 2022 freshie if we find the right one. Either way we're certainly recruiting for 2023 and beyond.
wbbilluminati
After Amanda Muse, the lone 5 -star, NorCal ranks 2023 prospects Mary Carter 6'2" from Antelope #2 (who plays with Cal Stars), Vandal's Alyssa Jackson 5'10" 3rd, and St. Mary's Stockton PG Brooklyn Perry 5'7" 4th as the three 4-stars in the area.

Carter looks like a player.

Carter:

Jackson:

ClayK
Both these girls are clearly good players, but in the first clip, Antelope was winning by 30, and in the second, Vanden was ahead 61-2 at one point.

Both are playing this summer at the club level, and clips from their would tell us a little more.
stu
Just from the clip Jackson looks to me like a forward. Does she have guard skills? It would be tough to play forward in the Pac-12 at 5'10".
wvitbear
Three years ago I touted Muse. Since then, I have not attended a high school game. Would be great to see some games this year.
Baygbear
Cal needs speed. All of the wings are slow and that does not compliment Curry's game. We need someone who can run with Curry. Green is a great wing sharp shooter but she can't run the floor at Curry's speed to spot up for a transition three.
HoopDreams
Green was recovering from an injury

Hopefully she's 100% this season

Baygbear said:

Cal needs speed. All of the wings are slow and that does not compliment Curry's game. We need someone who can run with Curry. Green is a great wing sharp shooter but she can't run the floor at Curry's speed to spot up for a transition three.
stu
Baygbear said:

Amaya may have speed but I don't know if she's ready.

Karisma may have speed if she's fully recovered.

Alma may have speed if she's fully recovered.

Kemery may have speed.

In any case good anticipation can make a player look speedier.
HoopDreams
stu said:

Baygbear said:

Amaya may have speed but I don't know if she's ready.

Karisma may have speed if she's fully recovered.

Alma may have speed if she's fully recovered.

Kemery may have speed.

In any case good anticipation can make a player look speedier.

Alma does not have speed based on her limited play before she was injured

That's not her game. She is a savvy player with a high hoops IQ. She is a solid player due to great fundamentals, but she needs to improve her shooting to open up her game
blungld
SFCALBear72 said:

blungld said:

So, your comments are all that you got out of this message? For me, I'm glad they are going to Texas, Virginia and Alabama to look for future Bears. SEC, ACC and Big 12 country. Introduce them to Cal WBB.

Well, you aren't the target audience. So, maybe those who are will think it's "Bad Ass". lol.

Coordinate their wardrobes? Why?

Yes. That is ALL I got out of the photo. I am shallow.

"The Bear will not quilt, the Bear will not dye!"
HoopDreams
interesting note from SJMN:

"...all Pac-12 teams finished in the top 100 of the NET rankings (out of 356 Division I teams), and eight were in the top 50. Cal and Washington were on the conference low end at No. 90 and No. 94."
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.