Samb transfers to Rice

1,837 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Ashfield63
wbbilluminati
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Good luck to her. I think this doesn't reflect poorly of Cal or Cal WBB, like Daniels she's going closer to home, and she's going to another top academic institution.
stu
Yes, that makes sense. I wish her well.
calbear80
But, all the transfer outs concern me.

Go Bears!
stu
According to The Athletic as of May 9 1284 D1 players have entered the transfer portal. With 351 D1 teams the average is 3.66 so we don't look that bad. I'm fine with that as long as those who came in are happier at Cal than those who left.
BearBint
stu said:

According to The Athletic as of May 9 1284 D1 players have entered the transfer portal. With 351 D1 teams the average is 3.66 so we don't look that bad. I'm fine with that as long as those who came in are happier at Cal than those who left.
Agreed. Not everyone is ready to leave home at 18, either; it's easy to forget that adolescence lasts longer than the teenage years.
"Don't get distracted, myself. Don't get distracted." Self-talk from a young relative
Ashfield63
stu said:

Not to brag, but I have posted in the past my predictions re: Cal WBB tansfers.
D. Daniels maybe going to Gonzaga, but now staying closer to home a U of Washington, Seattle
F. Samb transferring to Rice, going home to Houston....Got that right!
C. Crocker, Grad Transfer, graduated in 3 years, transferring to Loyola Marymount as she has three
years of eligibility due to RS sophomore year, plus another year for Covid.....Cailyn is an excellent student and Loyola has a very good Law School, and she is from So. Calif.................We Shall See!!

Stu, are Grad Transfers included in transfer statistics, or are they in a class of their own?

Cal is not having as many transfers as some of the Pac-12 programs. Good thing Raoul keeps track of all of this as it becomes very confusing.
stu
BearBint said:

Agreed. Not everyone is ready to leave home at 18, either; it's easy to forget that adolescence lasts longer than the teenage years.
Everyone concerned agreed it was time for me to leave home when I was 18. Ready is another story, but somehow I survived. And my adolescence is now waning but did last until I began cashing retirement checks.
stu
I think the numbers I found included grads but I'm not sure. BTW good calls!
Ashfield63
stu said:

I think the numbers I found included grads but I'm not sure. BTW good calls!

I read an article the other day that listed both Cal and Rice in the top 50 schools of the most difficult to get accepted to.......Happy for Fatou Samb! Of course, Stanford was on the list. Also, UCLA made the top 50 list.
CalWSportsFan
calbear80 said:

But, all the transfer outs concern me.

Go Bears!
With the new rules it's happening everywhere and in the Pac-12 across the board....plus we got some good transfers in....

For example: https://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/story/_/id/33624340/oregon-ducks-lose-three-sophomores-women-college-basketball-transfer-portal

https://www.buildingthedam.com/2022/4/5/23012216/kennedy-brown-taylor-jones-and-greta-kampschroeder-leaving-oregon-state-womens-basketball-transfer

https://www.latimes.com/sports/usc/story/2022-03-14/top-scorer-jordyn-jenkins-among-usc-veterans-in-transfer-portal

I could go on and on.....
wifeisafurd
Ashfield63 said:

stu said:

Not to brag, but I have posted in the past my predictions re: Cal WBB tansfers.
D. Daniels maybe going to Gonzaga, but now staying closer to home a U of Washington, Seattle
F. Samb transferring to Rice, going home to Houston....Got that right!
C. Crocker, Grad Transfer, graduated in 3 years, transferring to Loyola Marymount as she has three
years of eligibility due to RS sophomore year, plus another year for Covid.....Cailyn is an excellent student and Loyola has a very good Law School, and she is from So. Calif.................We Shall See!!

Stu, are Grad Transfers included in transfer statistics, or are they in a class of their own?

Cal is not having as many transfers as some of the Pac-12 programs. Good thing Raoul keeps track of all of this as it becomes very confusing.
The law is a jealous mistress. Loyola has a good night school program, but full time basketball and law school sound like a brutal time ahead.
Ashfield63
More Transfer Trivia per Raoul:

Up to 555 D-1 WBB players on the transfer list have their new school noted. Ninety four going P-5 to P-5. Eleven more than last year total of 83, those with the new school listed, P-5, (144 players).

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.