Hey schroeder

1,653 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by LodeBear
wvitbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I assume you will be going to Sacramento to see your favorite team. It is a great event. hope you enjoy it.
Schroeder71
I'll be watching whatever is televised by tv or streaming via NFHS Network. Mitty vs Etiwanda is on NFHS. Bay Area tv used to show these state championship games so I hope that they do...GO BEARS! Go Monarchs!

I hope Cal men's basketball lands Joe Pasternak from my alma-mater, UCSB!
wvitbear
You should attend the game live if yopu are a Mitty fan.
Schroeder71
wvitbear-you should watch the game to see the quality of coaching and fundamentals that Sue Phillips brings to the table. I love watching her team play. I also enjoy watching Tara VanDeveer's Stanford team perform.

NFHS Network is streaming every game today and tomorrow. It costs $ 9.95 or $10.95 per month.
BearBint
wvitbear said:

I thought several of us had agreed to stop nagging Schroeder71; there are good reasons why some people prefer not to mingle in crowded places.
"Don't get distracted, myself. Don't get distracted." Self-talk from a young relative
wvitbear
I've seen Mitty play lots of times. From about 40 years ago. Always went to the state torunament in Sacto. Don't like it on TV. Just like I like watching Cal live. you see more.
SBGold
BearBint said:

wvitbear said:

I thought several of us had agreed to stop nagging Schroeder71; there are good reasons why some people prefer not to mingle in crowded places.

True, Covid still an issue, especially for older adults. Sometimes better to stay home
LodeBear
SBGold said:

BearBint said:

wvitbear said:

True, Covid still an issue, especially for older adults. Sometimes better to stay home
I was there saturday and we had a big crowd and we won our division. no one was wearing a mask. i am all vaccinated. so far not sick from flu but just beat. glad basketball season is over and now i can get to coaching high school tennis. third time to golden one is a charm. so glad for the players. Much different in person. speed is much faster in person than on video or film.
LodeBear
wvitbear said:

I've seen Mitty play lots of times. From about 40 years ago. Always went to the state torunament in Sacto. Don't like it on TV. Just like I like watching Cal live. you see more.
sorry wvitbear. i have not PM'd you. i will this week done with girls basketball finally. only high school tennis now. much easier. take care. much more exciting when in person at golden one. speed is much faster than on video. there was some great games on girls side. did not watch boys yet on NFHS.
wvitbear
Lodebear, did you see either Harper Peterson of Whitney, or Kamryn Mafua of Folsome play?
BearBint
SBGold said:

BearBint said:

wvitbear said:

Covid is still a widespread problem (after months of taking the NYC subway twice a day, our sturdy 16-year-old grandkid contracted his first case on a trip to Florida, during which he masked on public transit). And there are many different sorts of disability, along with other factors, including personal preference. If Schroeder71 can't or won't attend games in person, that's his business, not ours.
"Don't get distracted, myself. Don't get distracted." Self-talk from a young relative
LodeBear
wvitbear said:

Lodebear, did you see either Harper Peterson of Whitney, or Kamryn Mafua of Folsome play?
Mafua is a much better player. runs the floor better and i feel a better mid range shooter. peterson is tall and gets points off of putbacks and FT shooting. plays alot outside. teams play alot of 5 out or 4 out. so bigs better be good at shooting outside or midrange. both are juniors so they could get even better next season. right now after watching them. i would take mafua. are they good enough for pac 12? depends on what teams need and how they play and how the player would fit. are they game changers at pac 12.? no. nia anderson senior and jordan lee junior, are really good guards. they both played for St. Marys of Stockton. we played them last year and got blown away. If we played them this year, we would be more competitive but still lose by large margin. Talent level is soo much better. our players play multiple sports and aren't recruited. they are home grown so to speak. the bay area has so many more talented players. you can go to excellent high school teams that have really good coaches and just the player talent increases competition on those teams and they get even better. you want to shoot 3 pointers all day you go to pinewood. you are a great talent and want to play great competition, you go to mitty and so. Those players go to pac 12 or really good basketball colleges. our best player Aariah Fox got sac san joaquin 3rd team.all divisions. no one else from our league not even honorable mention. ironic that she was only all league first team. as 3 players were voted ahead of her for MVP, most outstanding and 3rd most votes. She barely got enough votes to get the 4 th position. I was there when they voted and as an assistant coach, I had no say in the matter. But she showed everyone in the playoffs. she will get a scholarship to mid level college for track. maybe she could for basketball and or volleyball. great athlete. 3 sport player. sorry got off track.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.