Visitor from Canada: MILDRED DIBUA 6'1" Forward c/o 2025 of Ontario

1,125 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 19 days ago by Schroeder71
wbbilluminati
How long do you want to ignore this user?

https://instagr.am/p/C51g_7Cp0Uh

Highlights (poor. resolution tho):

Love that Charming continues to look abroad for talent
Schroeder71
This portal transfer candidate is only 6-1 and plays inside. She is not tall enough to be effective scoring inside or defending inside. I did not see her shoot any outside shots. She did make one three-point shot at the end of the video.

My comments have nothing to do with her talent level or the Canadian league that she plays in. She likes to drive to her right side and score from the right base line. She is unselfish and looks to pass to her teammates before she looks for her own shot when she grabs an offensive rebound, for example.

Charmin should only consider her if she cannot find taller post players elsewhere. Mildred Dibua might possess other skills or the capability of developing some but they are not evident in her video. GO BEARS!
Ashfield63
Schroeder71 said:

This portal transfer candidate is only 6-1 and plays inside. She is not tall enough to be effective scoring inside or defending inside. I did not see her shoot any outside shots. She did make one three-point shot at the end of the video.

My comments have nothing to do with her talent level or the Canadian league that she plays in. She likes to drive to her right side and score from the right base line. She is unselfish and looks to pass to her teammates before she looks for her own shot when she grabs an offensive rebound, for example.

Charmin should only consider her if she cannot find taller post players elsewhere. Mildred Dibua might possess other skills or the capability of developing some but they are not evident in her video. GO BEARS!

It says Class of 2025, so not the portal........
GGV
SFCALBear72
If you had read the post more closely, you would have seen that this young woman is from the Class of 2025 and not the portal.

Having said that, I didn't realize that you were so adept at judging a player's skills, tendencies, capabilities, etc. based upon only 1 video and no in-person observations. Good grief.

I hope that this young woman or her parents don't read such comments.
mbBear
SFCALBear72 said:

If you had read the post more closely, you would have seen that this young woman is from the Class of 2025 and not the portal.

Having said that, I didn't realize that you were so adept at judging a player's skills, tendencies, capabilities, etc. based upon only 1 video and no in-person observations. Good grief.

I hope that this young woman or her parents don't read such comments.
I am always skeptical about heights and weights, because you don't know how old they might be....so, this time next year, this young lady will still not be on the Cal campus. Let's just say she gains an inch, in over a years time...
At 6-2, she is right there with any big Cal has, especially as the "2nd big" on the court....
I don't comment on video: I thought i knew a little bit, but then, a long time ago, watched video with people who know basketball at the very highest level....including a Hall of Fame coach.
wvitbear
Ashley Walker was 5'11". She did OK.
BearBint
wvitbear said:

Ashley Walker was 5'11". She did OK.

I was just about to mention Ashley, a small post who played tall: her tip-offs and rebounding were impressive, and she's still a favorite in our family.
"Don't get distracted, myself. Don't get distracted." Self-talk from a young relative
Schroeder71
I guess that the staff could take her in the next recruit class and hope that she grows into a P4 post.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.