2024-25 roster is up!

7,252 Views | 45 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by annarborbear
annarborbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I have added up last year's combined stats of our five returning players and of our two portal players thus far. The combined numbers for these seven were:

45.7 ppg
41.5% from the field
31.2% from threes
23.3 rpg
7.5 assist/pg
9.3 to's/pg

Can probably get more out of Noble and Williams than their last year's stats, since neither was a starter on their teams. But shows the importance of getting somebody else from the portal, or else we will be relying very heavily on our freshmen.
Schroeder71
Cal was loaded with three-point shooters last season and was only able to outscore its opponents by less than one point per game. What is going to happen this season when the Bears's are lacking offensive options?

https://calbears.com/sports/womens-basketball/stats/2023/pdf

Defense may be improved but Cal definitely NEEDS another scorer and another rebounder (see stats above).
annarborbear
annarborbear said:

SFCALBear72 said:

Looking at Raoul's WBB Blog this morning and these post players are still available in the portal.

From the University of Texas:

Khadija Faye, 6'4 Sr Center from Senegal; 5.5 points, 3.5 rebounds per game last season
Tionna Herron 6'4 RS Freshman; limited playing time

Or perhaps.

Amanda Blake 6'2 Sr Center Grambling State 5.1 points, 4.3 rebounds per game last season
Khadija Faye is a good player. But she has signed with Pitt, another ACC team
Tionna Herron has just signed with Missouri.

I am still hoping for Paurova from Oregon State. At 6'1". she could play both guard and wing and fill the combo role that Mikayla performed this past year.
SFCALBear72
annarborbear said:

annarborbear said:

SFCALBear72 said:

Looking at Raoul's WBB Blog this morning and these post players are still available in the portal.

From the University of Texas:

Khadija Faye, 6'4 Sr Center from Senegal; 5.5 points, 3.5 rebounds per game last season
Tionna Herron 6'4 RS Freshman; limited playing time

Or perhaps.

Amanda Blake 6'2 Sr Center Grambling State 5.1 points, 4.3 rebounds per game last season
Khadija Faye is a good player. But she has signed with Pitt, another ACC team
Tionna Herron has just signed with Missouri.

I am still hoping for Paurova from Oregon State. At 6'1". she could also play wing and fill the combo role that Mikaya performed this past year.
Yeah. I just saw that. I guess she wanted a change of scenery but also remain in the SEC.
annarborbear
Tamaiya Sadler to Old Miss.
SFCALBear72
Looks like Dominika Paurova from Oregon State is still in the portal. No commitment announcements.

Fyi. She's followed by Kai Felton on Instagram. So, maybe she's thinking the same as you about how this young woman would fit in our roster.
HoopDreams
On thing for sure. We need another post.

Once Lane got semi-healthy she was an important player off the bench

SFCALBear72 said:

Looks like Dominika Paurova from Oregon State is still in the portal. No commitment announcements.

Fyi. She's followed by Kai Felton on Instagram. So, maybe she's thinking the same as you about how this young woman would fit in our roster.
brevity
SFCALBear72 said:

According to a free article published Friday by On3's Kentucky affiliate, Dominika Paurova already made visits to Kentucky, Michigan, and Penn State, and was scheduled to visit Arkansas this weekend. There's a link to an On3 paywall article with the headline "Transfer Portal: Four schools in mix for Oregon State guard Dominika Paurova".

I don't subscribe to On3 (or any other service), so I can't read that second article, but I think we can conclude that those 4 schools are her finalists.
SFCALBear72
brevity said:

SFCALBear72 said:

According to a free article published Friday by On3's Kentucky affiliate, Dominika Paurova already made visits to Kentucky, Michigan, and Penn State, and was scheduled to visit Arkansas this weekend. There's a link to an On3 paywall article with the headline "Transfer Portal: Four schools in mix for Oregon State guard Dominika Paurova".

I don't subscribe to On3 (or any other service), so I can't read that second article, but I think we can conclude that those 4 schools are her finalists.
Well, she originally signed with Minnesota before getting a release and then committing to Oregon State. So, it seems she may want to go back to the Midwest or that general vicinity.
annarborbear
Last two top posts that I have been following in the portal go to winning programs with NIL - Maryam Dauda of Arkansas to South Carolina, Janiah Barker of Texas A&M to UCLA. This is now the pattern in the new college professional game.
annarborbear
Paurova of Oregon State to Kentucky. Looks like she did a lot of negotiating to get the best financial offer.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.