WBB Heyday Question

1,043 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by TheDuke!!!
TheDuke!!!
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Hi everyone. For some reason, I was thinking about the best of the Gottlieb era the other day. I always wondered what happened to Gennifer Brandon. She was such a beast!

She was doing so well, and then something came up that was never disclosed. She took a bunch of time off and then when she came back she wasn't nearly her old self. The upward trajectory we all imagined based on her early dominance never came to fruition.

Does anyone know what happened to her? College WBB never got much news coverage back then, so it was not like there were a lot of reporters asking. I just figured maybe she got pregnant or there was a tragedy in her fam or something. But it was hard to have the requisite empathy b/c no one knew what happened. And we all had such high hopes back then.

If the statute of limitations has expired and it isn't anything too embarrassing, would someone share what they know?
ncbears
I don't have the answer to your question, but Brandon had one year in the WNBA
https://stats.wnba.com/player/203844/
HoopDreams
ncbears said:

I don't have the answer to your question, but Brandon had one year in the WNBA
https://stats.wnba.com/player/203844/
TheDuke!!!
Yeah. I know she ended up in the WNBA for a sec. But there was a time when it felt like she was going to be a mid-first rounder if she just kept things going. Then something happened. Not sure what.
TheDuke!!!
Just want to make clear -- this is not intended as a slam on Brandon. Hope she is thriving in whatever she is doing. It was a blast watching her get a million rebounds and 500 blocks a game.

I guess I was just a bit bummed we couldn't see it continue all the way through. But that's only because she helped get all of our hopes sky high.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.