5* Divine Bourrage to visit

2,551 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by LodeBear
philbert
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I didn't find her name in a search so here you go.

https://www.si.com/college/cal/basketball/five-star-recruit-divine-bourrage-plans-official-visit-to-cal-01j0edsaz375
SFCALBear72
From the story linked here:

"Divine Bourrage, a guard from Davenport, Iowa, who ranks as the nation's No. 5 recruit in the class of 2025, according to ESPN, has scheduled four official visits, and one of those visits is to Cal.

The 247 Sports website reported recently that Bourrage plans to visit Arizona on September 7, Cal on September 14, Virginia Tech on September 21 and LSU on October 12. She plans to make a decision on her college destination this fall."

Could this be Coach Jenny Huth already working some of her recruiting magic? Stay tuned.
BearBint
How could we not love a player named Divine? (And her sister, Goddess.)
stu
BearBint said:

How could we not love a player named Divine? (And her sister, Goddess.)
And her brother, Mundane.
ClayK
It's great that Cal is even in the mix for this kind of player. That alone is a good sign.
annarborbear
Announced her top six schools today - Arizona, Baylor, Illinois, LSU, South Carolina and Virginia Tech. Not sure, but the actual announcement may have been made by her agent.
SFCALBear72
Raoul's blog confirms that finalist list.

She has 30+ offers.

Cal and Arizona offered in April 2024.

Illinois - July 2022
Baylor - July 2023
LSU - March 2024
South Carolina, VA Tech - February 2024
Schroeder71
I don't believe that the Fighting Illini are a top echelon women's team. The others were in the NCAA Tournament last season.
SFCALBear72
Schroeder71 said:

I don't believe that the Fighting Illini are a top echelon women's team. The others were in the NCAA Tournament last season.
It must be a geographic consideration given that she lives in Davenport, Iowa. With their recent success, I'm surprised home state school, Iowa, didn't make the list.
philbert
maybe the top 6 offers the biggest NIL$ opportunities?
SFCALBear72
Could be.

I guess we need to step up our donations to calegends.com
wbbilluminati
I think what happened is that, if you recall, Charmin was a court coach during the USA Basketball U18 Americup team trials, which Divine Bourrage was one of 26 players to try out, though ultimately did not made the final roster.

It seems that experience gave Charmin an opportunity (hardly a household name among the creme de la creme of women's basketball recruits) to demonstrate herself as a leader, coach, and person in general. Perhaps Bourrage took a liking to Charmin, thus considered giving Cal a close look. Otherwise, I don't see how Cal on earth Cal would be able to compete or stand out amongst the massive slush pile or recruiting pitched and offers Divine Bourrage has undoubtedly accumulated.

Even though it appears Cal fell out of consideration over the last 3 weeks (based on her 6 finalists list) and thus one could assume the planned visit to Cal will not longer come to fruition, it's encouraging that when given the opportunity to show what she's about and connect with recruits, Charmin does a good job at leaving a good impression.
LodeBear
good impressions are great, but now she has to win to get this type of player.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.