markeisha/failed attendance metrics

1,193 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 22 days ago by Finnish Oski
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?

markeisha, realize ur a self proclaimed "revenue generator" despite zero sales metrics to support that baseless assertion but this is wut actual INNOVATION looks like in the biz REAL WORLD when implemented by non lazy azz worthless bureaucrats like urself...how's ur recruiting efforts going to find a replacement athletic tix director?

ur failure to grow the cal football & basketball attendance/fanbase in a time of the oakland raiders, golden state warriors, san francisco 49ers & soon oakland a's departing from the east bay/immediate bay area marketsapce is 100% stunning as is ur obstinate decision to not offer FREE tixs to all students who r the key to future season tix sales & a pipeline to the development of future major donors to berkeley (which is critical as state funding will continue to decline at the current #1 ranked public university in the world)

r u even aware that women's basketball tix sales both collegiate & professionally r exploding both locally & nationally except in berkeley??...the golden state valkyries have already accepted 12,000+ season tix sales deposits which suggests a major local interest in women's basketball yet the wbb bears routinely get crowds of a couple of hundred at haas pavilion under ur failed sales/marketing leadership

ur #1 supporter knowlton who handpicked u to lead the cal athletic department's marketing effort is on thin ice right now...

berkeley's next parking enforcement officer#
Shocky1

"NEW SEASON, SAME MESSAGE & THE SAME ABYSMAL ATTENDANCE"

hoops amigo, u & the monster both share a luv for cal women's basketball & yeah the 4.0 gpa +2 athletic michelle ugonne onyiah is my favorite current bears basketball player (male or female) but the twitter post u posted isn't gonna reach anyone who isn't already a wbb fan & literally won't sell another tix to haas pavilion this season

this is all due to markeisha's continued abysmal FAILURE to market the FASTEST growing sport in the united states of america women's basketball with the taylor swift like popularity of caitlin clark

cal women's basketball should be attracting young families with kids, it's a VALUE play for 98% of the bay area that can't afford thousands of dollars for golden state warriors tixs at sf's chase arena

so wut's markeisha's solution to sell tixs other than the above ineffectual tweet?

on july 31st there wuz a meet & greet with coach charmin to grow the cal fanbase at a night event at the whitehorse (the oldest gay bar in the nation), how many kids do u think attended this event?? (probably there's more question marks here than new fans)

chancellor lyons, every day u allow the big 3 lazy azz bureaucratic ****show team of the con artist, jenny & markeisha to further degrade cal athletics reflects upon ur vision for the future (and yeah ur legacy too)
ClayK
I could be wrong, but it seems to me the big crowds in college women's basketball -- outside the Clark phenomenon -- come from students. If you get 3,000 students at every game, the energy changes and the experience becomes more attractive.

Haas is difficult to get to. There's no parking. The fear of urban areas may be overblown, but it's real. I just don't see a lot of families coming to Haas on a weeknight for a game -- and girls who play in middle school or high school can't because they have practice and games.

So I'd say start with students, especially female students. Get them to Haas and the men will follow.
stu
ClayK said:

I could be wrong, but it seems to me the big crowds in college women's basketball -- outside the Clark phenomenon -- come from students. If you get 3,000 students at every game, the energy changes and the experience becomes more attractive.

Haas is difficult to get to. There's no parking. The fear of urban areas may be overblown, but it's real. I just don't see a lot of families coming to Haas on a weeknight for a game -- and girls who play in middle school or high school can't because they have practice and games.

So I'd say start with students, especially female students. Get them to Haas and the men will follow.
I love the idea of filling Haas with students.

FWIW I've been coming to Cal WBB basically since it existed. I've never had a problem parking (Southside) and I've never felt unsafe (aside from People's Park, which is being fixed). Football parking is another issue, as is safety in Oakland or San Francisco.
ClayK
I would agree it's easy to park in one regard, but for someone coming to a game for the first time, it can be a bit of a challenge.

And it's the perception of Oakland and the East Bay, not the reality ... necessarily.
Shocky1
stu & clay, agree with all ur comments regarding getting to games in berkeley, would only point out that the wbna franchise is selling 10,000+ seats for chase arena in san francisco which is also difficult/potentially unsafe to get to on gamedays

the problem is markeisha & her staff, she is neither innovative or a problem solver and has been lazy in selling tickets to any cal sports teams
ClayK
We will see how many people go to Valkyrie games on a regular basis -- but I feel pretty safe in saying this: If they win, the fans will come; if not, they won't.

I interviewed the Valkyries' president and she said they plan on selling the experience, the whole Warriors' vibe with the announcer and DJ and halftime acts, etc. That's fine as far it goes, but far more important is signing a bunch of free agents next February and winning a lot of games.

Cal can market all it wants, but the team has to win. And it sure wouldn't hurt to have a star.
Finnish Oski
Cal needs three things in order to start drawing bigger crowds. In order of importances they are: 1) a better record including NCAA appearances, and some upset wins 2) a big name star, 3) much better marketing and promotions. The third should be the easier fix, the second the toughest of the three.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.