Women's Basketball
Sponsored by

Pictures

2,066 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by CalWSportsFan
wvitbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
When do you think we will be getting pictures of the incoming players?
stu
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Our men's pics went up 2 or 3 weeks ago. For some reason our women usually take longer. It's a question I sometimes ask my wife...
CalWSportsFan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Well not sure about the photos online, but seriously, the social media content has been great. The team was up at "Lair of the Bear" for a retreat and shared loads of videos/photos etc. They seemed to have great fun. There was also a cooking class here in Berkeley they all participated in and most recently joined Charmin at her Muay Thai gym for a workout. Here is a sampling.... It's easy to setup an Instagram account and simply just follow the Bears as your only interest...keep it private if you want. I don't post on Instagram really, but I do enjoy seeing this content from our Bears:

https://instagr.am/p/DbEz4pmsZFB

https://instagr.am/p/DbKKZmwRtSh

https://instagr.am/p/DbJgcIUyEAM
wvitbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'd still rther have the pictures on the web site. Names to go to the faces.
CalWSportsFan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
LOL....ok, that will come, but there are also Instagram posts where players introduce themselves, etc. I get that the roster is easy to view, so all good but I really like getting a sense of individual personalities (to go with their names). I think you'll get the web photos soon enough. Go Bears!

Here's an example: New Bears Anna Lagonikaki and Albina Syla show coach Tik Tok moves:
https://instagr.am/p/DbBkMXjMdEr

And here, Lulu makes some introductions on the lake, etc.:
https://instagr.am/p/Da_mBBVPUGW
BearBint
How long do you want to ignore this user?
wvitbear said:

I'd still rther have the pictures on the web site. Names to go to the faces.

So would I, but we're fans; our wishes mean nothing.
"Don't get distracted, myself. Don't get distracted." Self-talk from a young relative
CalWSportsFan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Well I can't post photos here, but here are links to the stories regarding each new player (along with their picture) who don't have photos up yet so hopefully helps put face to name eh?

Shannon Dowell: https://calbears.com/news/2026/4/16/womens-basketball-cal-signs-shannon-dowell-for-2026-27-season.aspx

Anna Lagonikaki: https://calbears.com/news/2025/11/20/womens-basketball-cal-womens-basketball-adds-to-2026-class.aspx

Zara Russell: https://bearinsider.com/s/4734/bears-get-a-big-commit-in-2026-aussie-forward-zara-russell

Carly Amborn: https://calbears.com/news/2026/4/16/womens-basketball-cal-signs-carly-amborn-for-2026-27-season.aspx

Albina Syla: https://calbears.com/news/2026/4/15/womens-basketball-cal-signs-albina-syla-for-2026-27-season.aspx

Jovana Jevtovic: https://calbears.com/news/2026/4/15/womens-basketball-cal-adds-jovana-jevtovic-to-2026-27-freshman-class.aspx

Ruby Perkins: https://calbears.com/news/2025/11/14/womens-basketball-cal-womens-basketball-signs-2026-class.aspx
wvitbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Thanks.
CalWSportsFan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Dang this team is in sync! https://instagr.am/p/Dbd_D7sPvnr
Refresh
Page 1 of 1
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.