Women's Basketball
Sponsored by

Cal social media stories

3,233 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by stu
CalWSportsFan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Since I posted about this in another thread, I thought I create one to feature some of these player profiles and stories I come across on Instagram since I know many fans don't venture there.

At any rate, here's a recent one featuring newcomer Shannon Dowell:
https://instagr.am/p/Db606d-sdiK

CalFanatic
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I am generally appalled by Cal Athletics and their "media" teams but whoever runs the Cal Women's Basketball Instagram deserves huge kudos. It's engaging, creative, as a fan you feel like you're getting the behind the scenes action. 10000 out of 10.
SFCALBear72
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I credit Charmin for making this a priority.

When you are trying to build a fan base part of the process is "introducing" your student athletes to current and, most importantly, to potential fans. This builds interest and hopefully motivates them to buy game tickets.

Charmin also tells her story on Instagram.

It is an essential marketing tool for Cal WBB and they are using it quite effectively.

Go Bears!!
mbBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
CalWSportsFan said:

Since I posted about this in another thread, I thought I create one to feature some of these player profiles and stories I come across on Instagram since I know many fans don't venture there.

At any rate, here's a recent one featuring newcomer Shannon Dowell:
https://instagr.am/p/Db606d-sdiK




No way she doesn't start right?
Thanks for posting... Enjoy hearing their thoughts!
stu
How long do you want to ignore this user?
mbBear said:

No way she doesn't start right?

I can imagine small ball situations where we play Mjracle, Shannon, Lulu, Gisella, and Taylor at the same time.
annarborbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I like her as a player. But realistically, she shot 44.6% from the field and 29.5% from three's last year, while also having a negative assist/TO ratio. So I see her as a very solid rotation player who can up the defensive intensity for us during a game.But probably not a starter depending how others are playing. And a big step up from Donez.
CalWSportsFan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Meet Zara Russell:

https://instagr.am/p/DcFYAuLsFCP
CalWSportsFan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Meet Jovana Jevtovic:

https://instagr.am/p/DcMz8lnM7G4
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://instagr.am/p/DcJ3KbvEknM
let it fly, lulu, let it fly (the most marketable hoops player in berkeley)!!



the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university according to kangaroos (just ask punter angus davies)


^ coach lup needs maps or something in the worst way possible

volleybear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
CWSportsFan,

Thanks for posting these! These are fantastic. Love learning more about the players.

Go Bears!
CalWSportsFan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Meet Albina Syla

https://instagr.am/p/DccZ7WaseoP
CalWSportsFan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
First day of class.
https://instagr.am/p/DchcUMmmRm_
smh
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SFCALBear72 said:

Charmin also tells her story on Instagram.

separate from the above? If not, waay late, sorrry, got link(s)?
# links rule, late-comers drool
Free GOLDY now/forever
SFCALBear72
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Yes, Charmin also has a profile on Instagram
smh
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SFCALBear72 said:

Yes, Charmin also has a profile on Instagram


thanks, and thank oski outsiders never gonna figure out where it may be.
signed, alzheimers R us
Free GOLDY now/forever
CalWSportsFan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Latest Charmin posts for your viewing pleasure.
https://instagr.am/p/Db3boDUsyY7

https://instagr.am/p/Dcj8G91P6iD
BearBint
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Interview with Charmin from Write for California (there's a YouTube link there as well):

https://writeforcalifornia.com/p/wbb-coach-charmin-smith-looks-forward
"Don't get distracted, myself. Don't get distracted." Self-talk from a young relative
ethan0l
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BearBint said:

Interview with Charmin from Write for California (there's a YouTube link there as well):

https://writeforcalifornia.com/p/wbb-coach-charmin-smith-looks-forward

I like that in this interview she puts the stake in the ground that we should be a tournament team. I don't love it when we lower our expectations.
CalWSportsFan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Meet Carly Amborn:

https://instagr.am/p/Dc6icW0Mmxy
CalWSportsFan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Our final "new" Bear on the block Anna Lagonikaki:

https://instagr.am/p/DduMcF1BV-u
wvitbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Pronouncing her name is Greek to me.
stu
How long do you want to ignore this user?
wvitbear said:

Pronouncing her name is Greek to me.

Rhymes with Donna?
CoffeeBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?

or translated malaka

as introduced a few years ago by Io, Dros, and Ornella on the insta account
stu
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Lovely interview and #2 story. I may have a favorite newcomer.

FWIW I had a friend who was the second of three children and similarly athletic and ebullient.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.