Women's Basketball
Sponsored by

Is Cal having 3 pre-season games?

861 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 11 days ago by annarborbear
HoopDreams
How long do you want to ignore this user?
These two + UCLA?


SFCALBear72
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I guess so.

This is the first time I've heard about the Vanguard game.

I like the aggressive scheduling of UCLA and USC as exhibition games. Such tough competition will tell you more about your team than Vanguard will.

Go Bears!!
bellavita992
How long do you want to ignore this user?
You think the game vs USC will be televised?
Woodacre
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Hmm. Another 6 pm game (Vanguard). Wonder if this will extend to the ACC games...due to work obligations (vote center coordinator for the County) I won't be able to make the 6 pms until after the Election. I've got about a 45-60 minute commute to get to the game, and I've enjoyed getting there early to meet up with friends at Headlands (formerly Bear's Lair). But that will fall to the wayside, I'm guessing, if we want to be in our seats well before tip off. Sigh.
SFCALBear72
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The season opener on November 2nd against Washington State is at 6 because it's part of a double-header with the men's team.

The November 5th game against Long Beach State is also at 6 but that's after the election.
stu
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Woodacre said:

Hmm. Another 6 pm game (Vanguard). Wonder if this will extend to the ACC games...due to work obligations (vote center coordinator for the County) I won't be able to make the 6 pms until after the Election. I've got about a 45-60 minute commute to get to the game, and I've enjoyed getting there early to meet up with friends at Headlands (formerly Bear's Lair). But that will fall to the wayside, I'm guessing, if we want to be in our seats well before tip off. Sigh.

Good on you for helping run elections! Thankless job but thanks from me!
Schroeder71
How long do you want to ignore this user?
JuJu Watkins should be back to join Jazzy Davidson & Kennedy Smith. The Trojans edged the Bears in a tight game last season. Troy held Cal to 1-11 from three-point land. Jazzy Davidson had her way against us with 24 points.
smh
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Woodacre said:

..vote center coordinator for the County..

congrats [ "vote early, vote often" works for me]
wvitbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Is the vanguqard game part of the package along with the parking.
annarborbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I really like having preseason practice games against some good teams. Great way to test new players and to identify those who will play well against challenging competition.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.