Jones #1 and Jackson #24 in most recent PN Rankings

5,235 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by CalFanatic
CalFanatic
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Would be great to land both NorCal talents. With Anigwe graduating, post players will get the chance **immediately** to play!

https://prospectsnation.com/players/all/2019
CalFanatic
Fields listed at #116 (#29 Nationally in her position)
wbbilluminati
That's a pretty impressive climb by Angel Jackson. Anybody seen her play recently to vouch for her improvement?
Schroeder71
Italian 5 star 6-3 post recruit, Valerie Trucco, chose Arizona over Cal? Both academics and women's basketball
are superior at Cal at least for the moment. It appears that UofA is rapidly rising based upon their recent recruitinghttp://prospectsnation.com/player/valeria-trucco

GO BEARS!
wbbilluminati
PN was high on Trucco when we missed out on her, but I think I remember later seeing that ASGR rated her a bit lower among Euro recruits.

Out of curiosity, I just watched some YouTube footage of her in FIBA play, and she did not stand out. Seemed to have very average athleticism and nothing fancy as far as skills. I don't think she'll be haunting us at Arizona.
ClayK
I believe Adia Barnes, the Arizona coach, played in Europe for many years, so her connections there are likely very helpful.

And Arizona is not demanding academically, which makes it easier for a non-native speaker, and if you like warm weather, it's an attractive destination. Plus, of course, your chances of playing immediately are pretty high ...

wifeisafurd
ClayK said:

I believe Adia Barnes, the Arizona coach, played in Europe for many years, so her connections there are likely very helpful.

And Arizona is not demanding academically, which makes it easier for a non-native speaker, and if you like warm weather, it's an attractive destination. Plus, of course, your chances of playing immediately are pretty high ...

Oregon State got a five star from Texas. Pac really is getting deeper on the women's side.
patsweetpat
wifeisafurd said:

ClayK said:

Oregon State got a five star from Texas. Pac really is getting deeper on the women's side.
I agree, and I think it's awesome.
puget sound cal fan
Adia Barnes was a heady front court mainstay for the WNBA's Seattle Storm, when they won the league championship in 2004.
ClayK
Actually, Barnes was a small forward by then. She was a power forward when she was Pac-12 Player of the Year, but then had to remake her game, especially defensively, to find a home in the WNBA.

Full disclosure: She's always been nice to me, so I have a bias.
wbbilluminati
Stanford received its 3rd 2019 verbal from 6'5" Ashten Prechtel of Colorado.

I believe they have 1 scholarship left and they're hoping to fill it with #1 Haley Jones.

Might this help Cal's chances at landing PG Charisma Osborne? UCLA just scored a top 2019 PG out of Texas and although Osborne recently visited USC, they do already have a top PG from 2018, Desiree Caldwell.

Charisma Osborne would be a fantastic pickup for Cal.

Cailyn Crocker and Alexis Tucker are also outstanding students that seem like they'd be great fits for LG.
SFCALBear72
wbbilluminati said:

Stanford received its 3rd 2019 verbal from 6'5" Ashten Prechtel of Colorado.

I believe they have 1 scholarship left and they're hoping to fill it with #1 Haley Jones.

Might this help Cal's chances at landing PG Charisma Osborne? UCLA just scored a top 2019 PG out of Texas and although Osborne recently visited USC, they do already have a top PG from 2018, Desiree Caldwell.

Charisma Osborne would be a fantastic pickup for Cal.

Cailyn Crocker and Alexis Tucker are also outstanding students that seem like they'd be great fits for LG.
What about McKinzie Green, point guard out of Houston area, who was just here for an official visit? She characterized her visit as "awesome". ASU is a serious contender for her.

Who is more likely to commit to Cal first, Green or Osborne? Is Angel Jackson still on our radar? Or is it more like Sydnee Roby?
CalFanatic
Nerves are jittery here with recent recruiting- even with the fantastic pickup of Caldwell. Any of the above recruits (plus Jackson!) would help with this.

On a lighter note... has anyone been this excited for an upcoming season in years?! This should be the best team we've had since our FF run. We have all the pieces. Cheers!
puget sound cal fan
Does Cal stand any chance with Jones and Jackson?
blungld
CalFanatic said:

Nerves are jittery here with recent recruiting- even with the fantastic pickup of Caldwell. Any of the above recruits (plus Jackson!) would help with this.

On a lighter note... has anyone been this excited for an upcoming season in years?! This should be the best team we've had since our FF run. We have all the pieces. Cheers!
It could be a good team but we will miss having solid experienced power forward to take pressure off of Kristine.
CalFanatic
Did you 6'3/6'4 CJ West play against Virginia? Not too worried about that. Now if an injury occurs to her or Anigwe, i'll eat my words.
puget sound cal fan
Are you suggesting that CJ could start at Center and LG could move Kristine to PF? Then who would the Bears substitute for either in the inevitable event of foul trouble? Unless the Bears land a skilled post, they will be more shorthanded in the front court than before the FF Team.
CalFanatic
Styles to the 4 and you rotate whoever isn't in foul trouble to the 5. I don't know- it really doesn't seem that complicated... unless Styles has not improved since her FR year.
wbbilluminati
A player out of 2020 that I believe we are recruiting: https://prospectsnation.com/player/jordan-jenkins
CalFanatic
"Congrats to #23 Mckinzie Green and family for your commitment to Texas AM.....Mac you did it the right way and I am proud of you!!

#ShootfortheSTARS "

Green off the board. Fingers crossed on the others!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.