LMU Over UCLA

1,753 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by stu
annarborbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Looks like a tough start for UCLA, losing last night to LMU. Gabby Green led LMU with 25 points. Most impressive to me was that while Gabby put up 26 shots, hitting 12, only 2 of those shot attempts were three pointers. Looks like a coach may have finally found a way to overcome Gabby's love for those long distance attempts.
GATC
annarborbear said:

Looks like a tough start for UCLA, losing last night to LMU. Gabby Green led LMU with 25 points. Most impressive to me was that while Gabby put up 26 shots, hitting 12, only 2 of those shot attempts were three pointers. Looks like a coach may have finally found a way to overcome Gabby's love for those long distance attempts.
Interesting. Chelsea Gipson started (congrats to a proud Dad). Actually she and Green took more than half of the shots for LMU. UCLA did a little better against Westmont than we did so I thought UCLA would be better. I don't recognize many of the names on the UCLA roster. Drummer and Natalie Chou didn't play.
OBear073akaSMFan
Problem with Green she wanted to be the star of the team and it wasn't going to happen at Cal with Kristine. At LMU it looks like she is allowed to shoot all she wants but I am happy for her. Go Panthers!
GATC
Actually UCLA is not strong up in the post. Rosenblum and Shayley Harris don't appear to offer much offensively. If UCLA finishes above USC and us it will be a good reflection on Close.
Schroeder71
Several of UCLA's rotation players DNP. Aussie 6-1 guard Chantel Horvat & center 6-4 Allie Rosenblum also were MIA along with L. Drummer & Natalie Chou. If one adds these four with the four double-digit scorers in their initial two games, they'll be quite competitive. Bruin's have a 15 player roster:
https://uclabruins.com/roster.aspx?path=wbball
bobbk
Chou is sitting out as a transfer. At least as of now.
HoopDreams
I wish Chou had come to cal

Why did gabby transfer?

I thought her friend ship with mikayla would keep the two together
gipsonke
HoopDreams said:

I wish Chou had come to cal

Why did gabby transfer?

I thought her friend ship with mikayla would keep the two together
Homesick...among other things. And her step-sister is LMU's Bree Alford. Great story
about it here:

http://www.laloyolan.com/sports/basketball/family-more-than-just-a-word-for-two-basketball-teammates/article_62a1575d-6c7d-547c-be93-df53e9054c69.html

stu
gipsonke said:

Great story about it here:
Thanks for posting that!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.