J brown

2,065 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by GATC
HoopDreams
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Interesting comment from jb

https://instagr.am/p/BuzxPLSHkeX5KXS2IywqvDSNH8v-ZlYgRbV1oo0

NYCGOBEARS
????
BearBint
Also ????
"Don't get distracted, myself. Don't get distracted." Self-talk from a young relative
SFCALBear72
Was it a tweet and is now deleted by JB?
HoopDreams
Sorry. It's an Instagram post showing her athletism making a layup in HS. She was a top 50 player.

She wrote:

Going WAY back.

I seem to have forgotten who I am and who I wanted to be. But don't be mistaken, the game ain't over yet. #throwback

SFCALBear72
Oh. Good to hear!

Sounds like she's already thinking about next season and her role with Kristine gone. Or she's preparing for the NCAA Tournament. Either way, I like her thinking.
stu
HoopDreams said:

It's an Instagram post showing her athletism making a layup in HS. She was a top 50 player.

Looks like her account @jaelynbrown33 is private. That's fine, she's smart enough to have learned from the mistakes of others (Roger Stone).
HoopDreams
stu said:

HoopDreams said:

It's an Instagram post showing her athletism making a layup in HS. She was a top 50 player.

Looks like her account @jaelynbrown33 is private. That's fine, she's smart enough to have learned from the mistakes of others (Roger Stone).
Oops
Hope she doesn't mind me posting her comment

Anyway, I take her comment as a positive
R90
I still think Brown is going to be our star player next year. She's had a great role model in Anigwe for three years and you can see a lot of similarities in their play around the rim.

Jaelyn's not quite as tall, and a little less graceful, but I think she has more power and speed than Kristine.
They both move quickly to get rebounds that bounce into open space.
They both finish well with layups.

For the last 3 years Anigwe has been the top rebounder and scorer inside, so Brown doesn't get many touches.
Next year she'll get a lot more looks in the post against smaller teams and can play outside on offense vs. larger teams.

Jaeylin's 3-pt. shooting percentage is better than half the teams in the conference, but we've had 4 slightly better outside shooters, so she usually defers to them:

37.1% Caldwell 56-151
36.9% Forbes 31-84
35.9% Thomas 52-145
34.0% Smith 48-141
33.3% Brown 17-51
31.8% Anigwe 7-22

Take away 318 attempts from the graduating seniors, and next year Brown should have the green light when she's open outside the arc. She'll be great on back door cuts when slower posts come out to defend her.

It's all just entertainment, so find a way to enjoy it.
The refs are there to feed your hatred addiction and keep the games close.
stu
R90 said:

I still think Brown is going to be our star next player next year.

Rebounds per 30 minutes in conference games this season:
Kristine 15.0
CJ 5.2
Mo 5.1
Chen 5.0
Alaysia 4.7
Jaelyn 4.3
Kenzie 2.6
Asha 2.4
Kianna 2.0
Recee 1.9

Without Kristine vacuuming the backboard I think Jaelyn could become, among other things, a big rebounder. I expect we'll also get more from CJ and Alaysia. And I hope our guards will hit the boards harder, IMHO that was a deficiency this season.
grin&bearit
I remember her, she was actually #2 in the nation (according to ESPNW in her junior year) in her position for her class before she got injured. That top 50 ranking was in her senior year with her not playing a game during the regular season. I like her attitude. Can't wait for what she has in store for us.
GATC
Glad the post is positive. Enjoy watching her play more than any other player on the team.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.