5 star 6'3 post Michelle Onyiah commits

3,554 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by UrsineMaximus
MoragaBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Another huge get for Charmin and staff.

Here's her announcement post for those on instagram:

https://instagr.am/p/B4BS5kCl14S

MoragaBear
Staff
Just talked to Michelle. Will have a story up on her after I talk with her coach.

Look for an interview with Fatou coming up tonight, too.
annarborbear
It is a long road back, but this is about as good a start as you can get. Charmin now has credibility as a recruiter, which should open some additional doors.
CalFanatic
Two 5 star posts in one class! Amazing job Charmin and Co!

Onyiah was the TOP rebounder in the EBYL this past year.
GoBears635
Thank heaven. Now S71 can breathe again.
wbbilluminati
I'm especially excited about Michelle. Seems to have explosive athleticism for a forward, like a Monique Billings type.
Schroeder71
Charmin Smith & staff have landed two 5 star building blocks as the foundation of the Cal women's team of the future (class of 2020). Both seem to have great personalities! I hope that the quality recruiting continues now that they have two blue chippers aboard. Remember the Bears have four seniors departing after 2019-20!

Is transfer PG Naje Murray practicing with the team now? I just reviewed her SDS stats from last season and she led her team in steals with 61. She hit 80% on her free throws and nailed 81 treys (.354 3 pt %). The former St Marys-Stockton star was second on the Aztec's in scoring as a soph, averaging 13.7 ppg. This RS junior (next year) should make a third cog in the machine of Cal women's bball.

I will not comment on the four incoming freshing for 2019 since I haven't seen them play yet. I also hope Murray's former Ram's teammate, Mi'cole Cayton, has a rebound season as a junior this season. Great potential chemistry likely exists there. Also, I hope that Alaysia Style (6-3) breaks out as a junior, too.

I'm excited, again, & breathing well, again, GoBears635!
GO BEARS!
HoopDreams
two FIVE STAR bigs!

not only are they super talented, but they are in the position of great need

Bang!
graguna
The list of coaches who've landed multiple 5 star recruits in their first season cant be long. I'm very excited about the Charmin Smith era.
wifeisafurd
better look in the mirror Tara, your protege is catching-up! Great start for the Smith era!@
MoragaBear
Staff
And they're not done yet
SFCALBear72
Schroeder71 said:

Charmin Smith & staff have landed two 5 star building blocks as the foundation of the Cal women's team of the future (class of 2020). Both seem to have great personalities! I hope that the quality recruiting continues now that they have two blue chippers aboard. Remember the Bears have four seniors departing after 2019-20!

Is transfer PG Naje Murray practicing with the team now? I just reviewed her SDS stats from last season and she led her team in steals with 61. She hit 80% on her free throws and nailed 81 treys (.354 3 pt %). The former St Marys-Stockton star was second on the Aztec's in scoring as a soph, averaging 13.7 ppg. This RS junior (next year) should make a third cog in the machine of Cal women's bball.

I will not comment on the four incoming freshing for 2019 since I haven't seen them play yet. I also hope Murray's former Ram's teammate, Mi'cole Cayton, has a rebound season as a junior this season. Great potential chemistry likely exists there. Also, I hope that Alaysia Style (6-3) breaks out as a junior, too.

I'm excited, again, & breathing well, again, GoBears635!
GO BEARS!
I believe Naje Murray is enrolling in the Spring.
BearBint
Whew! I know what everyone means about breathing again. Charmin really knows her job.
CalFanatic
Next year finally makes sense depth wise... Styles, Crocker, Green, Murrey, Samb, Onyiah and hopefully a healthy Cayton is a great foundation.
calbear80
Love it! Back on the right track again.

Go Bears!
calbear80
wifeisafurd said:

better look in the mirror Tara, your protege is catching-up! Great start for the Smith era!@

WIAF, I like the enthusiasm, but, isn't it a bit too early for that. The current head coaching win total competition is something like 800-0.

Go Bears!
puget sound cal fan
Onyiah's video also shows her impressive shot-blocking ability! A rim protector and rebounder--great get.
annarborbear
It would now be ideal if we can add a grad transfer into the mix for a faster start with our younger incoming players next year. Will need to keep a late-season eye on the transfer portal for one of those who might be available.
Schroeder71
https://www.prepgirlshoops.com/california/

Take a gander of the state of CA 2020 prep rankings by this service:
puget sound cal fan
Charmin already has credibility as a recruiter, having been the principal talent gatherer for the Bears during her entire stint as a Cal assistant coach. She's built the Cal connections to the players, coaches and AAU programs. The elite talent she's landing for Cal now gives her an opportunity to mold them into a championship team as HC.
puget sound cal fan
...and from their comments, all three appear to be intelligent and personable young women.
UrsineMaximus
puget sound cal fan said:

...and from their comments, all three appear to be intelligent and personable young women.
hmmm, character traits of their Coach it would seem...funny how that works out!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.