Recruiting 2021

2,322 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by CalFanatic
wbbilluminati
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The Canadian PG ranked #28 Day-Wilson has eliminated Cal (as did the forward Lattimore) and considering Florida, Michigan, Notre Dame, and Syracuse.

annarborbear
Too bad. With the intense recruiting competition in the PAC12, it would have been nice to develop some kind of a Canadian pipeline. Maybe next year.
IssyBear
I wonder how bringing in 6 highly regarded freshmen this year and playing 3 freshmen extensively this past season will affect the "attractiveness" of Cal for 2021 recruits? Unless you think you are a superstar, you might assume that there will be limited playing time available over the next several years.
CalFanatic
IssyBear said:

I wonder how bringing in 6 highly regarded freshmen this year and playing 3 freshmen extensively this past season will affect the "attractiveness" of Cal for 2021 recruits? Unless you think you are a superstar, you might assume that there will be limited playing time available over the next several years.
I'd expect guards in the 2021 to find Cal EXTREMELY enticing. Posts would have some doubts... only natural when you sign 4 talented post players in a previous class.

Mia Mastrov.

annarborbear
IssyBear said:

It will be interesting to see if we become the type of program where people come in and compete, and then some transfer out and the next recruits come in. Actually, I hope not. I like the idea of all of our players staying four years and getting a valuable Cal degree.
stu
CalFanatic said:

I'd expect guards in the 2021 to find Cal EXTREMELY enticing. Posts would have some doubts... only natural when you sign 4 talented post players in a previous class.
I see room on our roster for a long athletic wing like Mikayla Cowling or Jaelyn Brown.
3Cats4CAL
Oregon seems to have no problem stockpiling Guards etc.
IssyBear
Don't get me wrong. Having a large group of talented players is a nice problem to have, even if it becomes a recruiting challenge next year. If we can turn that talent into wins, we should not have a recruiting problem in 2022 and beyond.

As for 2021, WE are comfortable with the idea that Cal is an attractive spot for recruits, but opposing schools will tell any recruit considering Cal to beware of our backlog of very young talent. As for guards, we have 3 frosh from last year and 2 new frosh guards coming in this year. We can all see the additional needs in this area, but a recruit may not. I would expect at least one or two good prospects to sign with us anyway, but it will take a lot of work from our coaches to assure them that they will get to see the court.
wvitbear
I like Mastrov. But what about Harriel who is rated higher. I saw her as a sophomore and she was pretty good. she scored 40 points in one of the playoff games this year.

On another note , we are suppose to get another meeting after the signups. Am anticipating this.

Calfanatic, where do you live? I always assume it is somewhere in Contra Costa County. But I could be wrong.

CalFanatic
wvitbear said:

I like Mastrov. But what about Harriel who is rated higher. I saw her as a sophomore and she was pretty good. she scored 40 points in one of the playoff games this year.

On another note , we are suppose to get another meeting after the signups. Am anticipating this.

Calfanatic, where do you live? I always assume it is somewhere in Contra Costa County. But I could be wrong.

You are correct! I've been involved the most in DAL sports (Former DFAL)... hence me being more familiar with Miramonte. I've heard good things of Harriel but heard she's a Stanford lock. Hope I am wrong!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.