Amaya Bonner

3,422 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by annarborbear
wvitbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Top recruit in the Northern Cal class of 2022. I have mentioned her before. Got an offer from Kentucky. But also just got an offer from UCLA. Athletic 6' wing from BOD. Some say she has improved her 3 point shooting since the beginning of the season. She didn't shoot well when I watched her.

I assume we are recruiting her. Has anyone but Clay and seen her play?
SFCALBear72
We offered in May 2019. There's a video on her Twitter page that shows her attempting a dunk at Haas.

Amaya also has offers from ASU, UW, Utah, Penn, San Diego State, Indiana, Santa Clara and others.
Schroeder71
BOD played at AM last season. I attended the game and made positive comments about two of their players. The combo guard, Amaya Bonner, was tremendously athletic but did not seem to be a great shooter. If one can find my article from the game, it probably has some accurate observations. I would think that Cal would offer her.
GO BEARS!
wbbilluminati
Bonner looks silky smooth, reminds me a lot of Kiana Smith.

wvitbear
I have watched her play several times and she does not remind me of Kiana Smith. She is a better athlete than smith but doesn't possess the skills that Smith had. Maybe a little more like a smaller Cowling.
stu
wvitbear said:

I have watched her play several times and she does not remind me of Kiana Smith. She is a better athlete than smith but doesn't possess the skills that Smith had. Maybe a little more like a smaller Cowling.
Just from the above clip I'd say she looks more like a guard than Cowling did and I see more aggression but less smoothness than Smith had.
wvitbear
You are right Stu. she is three inches shorter that Cowling, though Cowling played some guard for us. What I meant to infer was she had that athletic energy that Cowling possessed along with Brown. Smith already had a full game. But she wasn't as athletic as they were.

wvitbear
Amaya has been offered by Harvard. So she has the smarts to qualify at Cal.
wbbilluminati
Amaya ranked #60 in latest Hoopgurlz release: http://www.espn.com/high-school/girls-basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/244112/amaya-bonner

Aaliyah Gayles #9, Londynn Jones #15, Jennah Isai #26
annarborbear
wbbilluminati said:

Amaya ranked #60 in latest Hoopgurlz release: http://www.espn.com/high-school/girls-basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/244112/amaya-bonner

Aaliyah Gayles #9, Londynn Jones #15, Jennah Isai #26
The other news in the revised Super 60 is that the #10 player and #3 post out of Colorado, Raegan Beers, has signed with Oregon State. Must have taken a previous visit there. If you have a player who has already seen your campus and met with your coaches, that is a big plus in this environment. Maybe that will help us with Bonner.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.