Season opening

1,952 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by GOLDEN
wvitbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
There is some talk on the men's board that BBall season might begin in early December. If so, I assume the women's game would start then. But I would have the following questions:

1. Who are we going to play?

2. When would practice start?
Finnish Oski
Another question: will spectators be allowed?
"I'm just here so I won't get fined."
wvitbear
When I bought my season tickets, i asked would we be allowed into the games. They thought we might but seated differently than our season tickets were allocated. If you had 1200 tickets sod, you could spread out a lot.
wvitbear
Looks like it is getting closer.
Ashfield63
wvitbear said:

Yesterday, the NCAA announced Women and Men's basketball season will start on Nov. 25,2020, the day before Thanksgiving. Charmin has said CAL is scheduled to attend a Thanksgiving Day weekend tournament in Hawaii. She was enthusiastic as Gonzaga is one of the teams. I was walking by the baseball stadium the other day. I spoke to the student sitting at the entrance who said three WBB players were working out in a corner, which isn't visible. I asked her if all of the players were on campus. She said the entire team will be on campus soon. GO BEARS!
GATC
Ashfield63 said:

wvitbear said:

Yesterday, the NCAA announced Women and Men's basketball season will start on Nov. 25,2020, the day before Thanksgiving. Charmin has said CAL is scheduled to attend a Thanksgiving Day weekend tournament in Hawaii. She was enthusiastic as Gonzaga is one of the teams. I was walking by the baseball stadium the other day. I spoke to the student sitting at the entrance who said three WBB players were working out in a corner, which isn't visible. I asked her if all of the players were on campus. She said the entire team will be on campus soon. GO BEARS!
Pretty exciting. I would think that fans should be allowed at 10-20% capacity and have us sit apart. There were very few games last year that I could count more than 1,000 fans.
GOLDEN
wvitbear said:

City of Berkeley Public Health Department and Santa Clara County Public Health Department are the only local government entities left to approve the return of Pac-12 sports, primarily for Cal and Stanford, respectively as of September 19th.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.