Sister Aliana Agbayani Uncommitted

4,287 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by puget sound cal fan
BearinOC
How long do you want to ignore this user?
2022 graduate, sister of Alia Agbayani is an infielder, SS playing for Batbuster Stith. It appears she hasn't committed to anyone. Let's go Coach Spencer, let's get her signed. Apparently, America's past time runs in the family. Her father Benny was a MLB player.

TCS Nationals Top 10

Top 3 in hitting in the TCS Nationals this past weekend.
Schroeder71
Sounds promising but her older sister possessed Hawaii POY awards, too, and has been a non-factor at Cal.
The Bears also have a huge roster due to Covid-19 as does every team.
CalFanatic
Lauren Espalin has transferred to Minnesota as a grad transfer
Jackisback
Coach was a shortstop of some repute. She will know better than anyone here if there is still a need to be filled.
BearinOC
CalFanatic said:

Lauren Espalin has transferred to Minnesota as a grad transfer
What, the former OLU catcher has already graduated? Wow and when did she transfer? That's great for her but sad. I'm right down the street from OLU and was so happy she signed with CAL.
CalFanatic
According to Softball America Cal's 2022 class is currently ranked 10th in the country. Makes sense to me. Bell, Butler and Johnson are all top 50 recruits.

Bright future ahead!
coachdeke
CalFanatic said:

According to Softball America Cal's 2022 class is currently ranked 10th in the country. Makes sense to me. Bell, Butler and Johnson are all top 50 recruits.

Bright future ahead!

I had asked previously how Spencer had recruited because my impression was she had recruited well! A couple of people popped off, saying her recruiting has been nothing special. This seems to indicate that she has recruited very well indeed.
CalFanatic
coachdeke said:

CalFanatic said:

Bright future ahead!

I had asked previously how Spencer had recruited because my impression was she had recruited well! A couple of people popped off, saying her recruiting has been nothing special. This seems to indicate that she has recruited very well indeed.
Snagging two top 50 recruits who had already been previously committed to top 10 ranked programs (in the Pac 12) sounds.... pretty good to me!
CalFanatic
CalFanatic said:

Bright future ahead!
Bell selected as 1 of 12 first team all state infielders. Teperson named 2nd team all state. Go Bears!

https://www.calhisports.com/2021/08/29/all-state-softball-first-team-6/
CalFanatic
#38 ranked recruit in the 2023 class - Nailyn Marshall-commits to Cal. Coach Spencer and staff are really hitting recruiting homeruns.
BearinOC
CalFanatic said:

#38 ranked recruit in the 2023 class - Nailyn Marshall-commits to Cal. Coach Spencer and staff are really hitting recruiting homeruns.
She looks fast and can put the ball in play. I do question the hitch throw and the stutter step. When every split second counts, those take time. She looks more of a second base person than a SS.

Nailyn Marshall skills video
CalFanatic
Another Nor Cal Commit!

Gkhoury2325
Has The construction for Woman's new Softball field been completed for the upcoming? If not, what is the holdup? I thought this project along with the Woman's Beach Volleyball team were required upgrades due to Title 9.
BearinOC
Gkhoury2325 said:

Has The construction for Woman's new Softball field been completed for the upcoming? If not, what is the holdup? I thought this project along with the Woman's Beach Volleyball team were required upgrades due to Title 9.
We would love a photo of the stadium progress if anyone is nearby! Go Bears!
BearinOC
CalFanatic said:

Another Nor Cal Commit!

She's got some anger in that swing.
socaliganbear
Gkhoury2325 said:

The ongoing lawsuit by the homeowners nearby.
Gkhoury2325
socaliganbear said:

Gkhoury2325 said:

The ongoing lawsuit by the homeowners nearby.

Thanks for the update socaliganbear. That's ridiculous, only here in California. This could last for years, the neighbors need to move.
smh
Gkhoury2325 said:

Thanks for the update socaliganbear. That's ridiculous, only here in California. This could last for years, the neighbors need to move.
sitting squarely on a fault line and all, sooner or later movement is pretty much guaranteed
# we should live so long
Schroeder71
The new facility was going to be built on the existing site just facing in a different direction, correct? I believe permanent lights and a modern press box were going to be additions/changes. How can a lawsuit succeed? The homeowners probably want to limit the number of night games to one per weekend...GO BEARS!
BearinOC
Schroeder71 said:

The new facility was going to be built on the existing site just facing in a different direction, correct? I believe permanent lights and a modern press box were going to be additions/changes. How can a lawsuit succeed? The homeowners probably want to limit the number of night games to one per weekend...GO BEARS!
Maybe the vegetation behind the stand is an "ancient forest" and will have tree-sitters living in it again.
Only in Bezerkley.
puget sound cal fan
The Cal AD better have dotted all the "i's" and crossed all the "t's" in the permit applications and environmental docs.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.