2022 Softball Roster

5,523 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by CalFanatic
CalFanatic
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://calbears.com/sports/softball/roster

All 5 freshman commits are on the roster
Alex Perez is missing. This makes sense to me.

Excited for the upcoming season. I expect a much improved team with the pieces we have returning and a talented freshman class. My big question is who will be the new pitching coach to oversee the 2 new freshman arms?!

Schroeder71
What happened to the male pitching coach?
Mitch Roberts Tabbed Softball Assistant Coach - University of California Golden Bears Athletics (calbears.com)

Btw, who is the fifth newcomer, Acacia Anders? Is she a walk-on? Zero information is provided for her regarding position, high school, performance, etc.
Softball Inks Four Signees - University of California Golden Bears Athletics (calbears.com)

Whoops! I apologise to Miss Anders-she definitely is not a walk-on. She's rated very highly by the recruiting service below. I actually participated in that thread but forgot about it. Sorry.
(20) Universal Fastpitch Garcia 18G on Twitter: "Congratulations to Universal Fastpitch Garcia 18G's Acacia Anders on her #55 ranking in the country for the Class of 2021 Extra Elite 100 Rankings by @ExtraInningSB @blitzdowg @ufp_theu @BroncoSportsSB @AndersAcacia The U!! https://t.co/JfbIQFtCMk" / Twitter

If you know the answers to my questions, Cal Fanatic, I will thank you in advance. GO BEARS!
CalFanatic
S71- Was named the head coach at St Cloud State. Looking forward to seeing who we bring on next!

https://justinsworldsb.com/mitch-roberts-named-st-cloud-state-head-coach/
coachdeke
Schroeder71 said:

What happened to the male pitching coach?
Mitch Roberts Tabbed Softball Assistant Coach - University of California Golden Bears Athletics (calbears.com)

Btw, who is the fifth newcomer, Acacia Anders? Is she a walk-on? Zero information is provided for her regarding position, high school, performance, etc.
Softball Inks Four Signees - University of California Golden Bears Athletics (calbears.com)
!

Mitch Roberts got a head coaching job at some small school.
CalFanatic
What are the odds we get a Thor, Jo Henderson, etc to join as the pitching coach. Dare to dream.
OBear073akaSMFan
CalFanatic said:

What are the odds we get a Thor, Jo Henderson, etc to join as the pitching coach. Dare to dream.
Maybe Kailee Cuico? Lots of 'All in the family' coaching tandems in college!
Schroeder71
I also thought of Jocelyn Forest. GO BEARS!
OBear073akaSMFan
OBear073akaSMFan said:

CalFanatic said:

Oops my bad you guys were talking pitching coaches not a hitting coach.
CalFanatic
OBear073akaSMFan said:

OBear073akaSMFan said:

CalFanatic said:

Oops my bad you guys were talking pitching coaches not a hitting coach.
Yep, still no word on a pitching coach it looks like. Also interested in seeing what the 2023 recruiting looks like now that the window is open. Tons of top tier bay area talent just like the 2022 class...
Schroeder71
https://calbears.com/sports/softball/roster/2022?&sort=class

New photographs of newcomers are finally here for the upcoming season!

The seven players that have departed are Mickey Coelho, Lauren Espalin, Sabrina Nunez, Karlee Sparacino, Cam Kondo, Chloe Romero & Alex Perez.

GO BEARS!
Schroeder71
Kristina Thorson is the new Cal softball pitching coach! We got Thor, Cal Fanatic! Hallelujah!
Kristina Thorson Returns As Softball Assistant Coach - University of California Golden Bears Athletics (calbears.com)

GO BEARS!
OBear073akaSMFan
Schroeder71 said:

Kristina Thorson is the new Cal softball pitching coach! We got Thor, Cal Fanatic! Hallelujah!
Kristina Thorson Returns As Softball Assistant Coach - University of California Golden Bears Athletics (calbears.com)

GO BEARS!
Except for Jocelyn Forest, Kristina one of my favorite Cal pitcher. Looks like Kristina and Chelsea Spencer were teammates and both graduated in 2006. Chelsea was on the 2002 NCAA championship team but don't recollect Kristina being on that team too. My brain is losing some of my marbles!
CalFanatic
Wow. Incredible! My favourite Bear is back at Levine Fricke field. Can it get any better?
CalFanatic
OBear073akaSMFan said:

Schroeder71 said:

GO BEARS!
Except for Jocelyn Forest, Kristina one of my favorite Cal pitcher. Looks like Kristina and Chelsea Spencer were teammates and both graduated in 2006. Chelsea was on the 2002 NCAA championship team but don't recollect Kristina being on that team too. My brain is losing some of my marbles!
Thor joined in 2003. So she played in those two finals against Ucla in 2003 and 2004 (PTSD).
59bear
Schroeder71 said:

GO BEARS!
Success as a player doesn't always translate to success as a coach but I like the hire. IMO, improved pitching is our greatest need.
CalFanatic
Us long time Cal fans would probably kill for an interview, story...anything about how this came to fruition. Or just here a bit more in general. "Goth girl" was one of the most well known players on the team and (rightfully) one of the most loved. That senior year she put together was legendary... but sadly we could not get a hit that day against OSU in the supers. BearInsider editors? Just saying
CalFanatic
Ask and you shall receive.

https://justinsworldsb.com/thorson-to-cal-a-golden-bear-homecoming/
CalFanatic
Any news on Cal's fall ball openings today? Win/loss?
Jeff82
Roberts is a nice guy, I played golf with him and one of the strength coaches at Boundary Oak. Not surprised that he moved. I would guess it's not that easy to life in the East Bay on what an assistant softball coach makes. His wife is a special ed teacher, as I recall.
CalFanatic
According to instagram Cal finished fall ball 8-0. Can't wait to see this team in play!
Schroeder71
I don't know whether these three 2022 softball recruits have been posted here yet. I got the names from Flo Softball but I did a google search to find out there respective personal information:
2022 Ashanti McDade Committed to The University of California, Berkeley - YouTube

Elon Butler is a shortstop from Archbishop Mitty in San Jose and verbally commited to Cal a couple of years ago.
elon butler softball - Yahoo Video Search Results

D'Auna Johnson is an infielder (2B, 3B, SS) from Sacramento area. She originally pledged to Oregon and has now verbally commited to Cal. She must be talented if the Ducks recruited her. She has attended Sheldon HS in Sacto and Folsom HS in Folsom.

Cal Fanatic-are these three young ladies able to sign in early November or have they already signed? Are these three recruits, correct? Did you start another softball recruiting thread earlier? Do the Bears have any other members of the 2022 class that you are aware of? Thankyou in advance. GO BEARS!
CalFanatic
The other is Tianna Bell from Heritage HS. Big power hitting 3B from Lady Magic.

The class is ranked #10th in the country by one organization. Go Bears!
Schroeder71
Tianna Bell, Heritage HS 3B, how could I forget her? It's called old age, I guess. Can they sign in November?
GO BEARS!
CalFanatic
Lefty 2023 Pitcher Randi Roelling commits to Cal. A dominant pitcher from Batbusters whose averaged 16k's per outing so far in HS.
CalFanatic
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.