Water Polo Falls in OT to U$C - Bearly Miisses out on Huge Win at Rainy Spieker

1,255 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Polodad
91Cal
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Bears fought back from down 2-6 after the first quarter in a great contest. AA goalie Isabel Williams tied it up with 21 seconds left before $C won it on a rebound off post then the back of Isabel's head (!@#@%!) with 7 seconds left.

Great show of character to fight back to tie it up in the third quarter then to tie it up 5(!) more times before the final goal. The team appears to be very close to getting over the hump and break into the top 2.

Go Bears!
Schroeder71
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I was amazed at how many goals were scored in regulation (12-12) as well as the double OT tally of 15-14. I'm surprised that SC's offense could score that much against Cal's AA goal keeper, Isabel Williams. I'm also happily
surprised that the Bear's offense could score that many goals against the #2 ranked team. Cal lost most of their scoring from last season to graduation. Offense is better and the defense is weaker than I thought. GO BEARS!
Nasal Mucus Goldenbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
91Cal said:

The team appears to be very close to getting over the hump and break into the top 2.

Go Bears!
I can feel that too.

Golden Bears have to go ALL IN this season. They might not get this opportunity again in the near future without these current seniors: Isabel Williams, Cecily Turner, Shea Salvino.
Polodad
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Schroeder71 said:

I was amazed at how many goals were scored in regulation (12-12) as well as the double OT tally of 15-14. I'm surprised that SC's offense could score that much against Cal's AA goal keeper, Isabel Williams. I'm also happily
surprised that the Bear's offense could score that many goals against the #2 ranked team. Cal lost most of their scoring from last season to graduation. Offense is better and the defense is weaker than I thought. GO BEARS!



Weber and Hauschild are members of US National team. Kearns is a member of the Aussie National team. Anzar is a member of the Spanish National team. SC has a lot of offensive weapons.
91Cal
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Polodad said:

Schroeder71 said:

I was amazed at how many goals were scored in regulation (12-12) as well as the double OT tally of 15-14. I'm surprised that SC's offense could score that much against Cal's AA goal keeper, Isabel Williams. I'm also happily
surprised that the Bear's offense could score that many goals against the #2 ranked team. Cal lost most of their scoring from last season to graduation. Offense is better and the defense is weaker than I thought. GO BEARS!



Weber and Hauschild are members of US National team. Kearns is a member of the Aussie National team. Anzar is a member of the Spanish National team. SC has a lot of offensive weapons.
Great point Polodad! Building on that, Cal returned NOT ONE of its COVID seniors for their extra year of eligibility while $C returned 5th year eligible players Hauschild (Olympic team participant so 4th year competing as a Trojan after missing '20 & '21 for the Olympics), Weber, Tehaney & Guiral, the latter two have also been national team representatives at higher levels.

This Cal team is ballin big time! Go Bears!
DiabloWags
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Tomorrow at Spieker Aquatics Complex

Bears vs Indiana @ 1:00 PM

Livestream!

No. 3 Cal Welcomes No. 19 Indiana For Title IX Celebration Game - California Golden Bears Athletics (calbears.com)
"Cults don't end well. They really don't."
smh
How long do you want to ignore this user?
No. 3 Cal Welcomes No. 19 Indiana For Title IX Celebration Game - California Golden Bears Athletics (calbears.com)
June 23, 2022 was the 50th anniversary of tricky dick's signing of the law, when some of us living oldforts were at cal #gobears
muting ~250 handles, turnaround is fair play
Schroeder71
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Cal 9, Indiana 7. I thought Bears seemed flat today but were missing Maryn Dempsey. Claire Rowell (R-FR) picked up the slack and scored 4 goals to save the day. She is the tenth Cal player to score in double digits on the season.
https://scores.6-8sports.com/games/3dfc57e6-602a-4643-9ca1-3a04264dd65d/game-cast
Polodad
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Our perimeter shooters had a tough day except for Rowell. IIRC we converted 1 6on 5 opportunity. The I U goalie had a good game. Some days are like that. Put it in the W column and get ready for Hawaii away. Today's performance will not beat Hawaii.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.