softball transfer portal

12,733 Views | 75 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by CalFanatic
CalFanatic
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Schroeder71 said:

2024 Softball Roster - California Golden Bears Athletics (calbears.com)

Hopefully, the trio of young coaches joining the staff will counter-balance Chelsea's ego. Spencer was an assistant coach at Oregon and Texas so perhaps she'll learn to temper her behavior. Bears have a new hitting coach and a new pitching coach that should have a lot of input into the softball program. Cuico has been made the third assistant coach per the article below:
https://calbears.com/news/2023/9/14/softball-cuico-elevated-to-assistant-coach.aspx
GO BEARS!
Describing something as "ego" could very well be described by another as "passion".

Temper her behavior? According to WHOM? People on this board would've cried tears of joy to see DN show any passion over her last 5 years.

Again, this person literally just created an account to stir up drama. Zero history, zero posts on this board. Bye, Felicia.

We got back into a regional final, we have more tools in the belt for this upcoming season. I'm excited.
91Cal
CalFanatic said:

Schroeder71 said:

2024 Softball Roster - California Golden Bears Athletics (calbears.com)

Hopefully, the trio of young coaches joining the staff will counter-balance Chelsea's ego. Spencer was an assistant coach at Oregon and Texas so perhaps she'll learn to temper her behavior. Bears have a new hitting coach and a new pitching coach that should have a lot of input into the softball program. Cuico has been made the third assistant coach per the article below:
https://calbears.com/news/2023/9/14/softball-cuico-elevated-to-assistant-coach.aspx
GO BEARS!
Describing something as "ego" could very well be described by another as "passion".

Temper her behavior? According to WHOM? People on this board would've cried tears of joy to see DN show any passion over her last 5 years.

Again, this person literally just created an account to stir up drama. Zero history, zero posts on this board. Bye, Felicia.

We got back into a regional final, we have more tools in the belt for this upcoming season. I'm excited.

Excited for the upcoming season, another last Pac-12 sports season, with some terrific young women joining the program.

On the poster's other point, they clearly haven't been around a Jim Knowlton led athletic department. If they think dysfunction was criteria for letting a coach go then let me submit several examples in women's swimming and soccer under JK that were made public and he still didn't take decisive action.

Back to the topic…GO BEARS!
Dontask88
EGO is NOT PASSION

EGO is EGO. Spencer's is HUGE and it's nor even debatable. If you're rebuttal to my comments is I only have 3 posts then its pretty weak. 3 post, 30 post, doesn't change the FACTS and they are FACTS. The game did past Coach DN, in my opinion. But what's happening now is going to come to light ad after my 4 or 5 posts you will understand from which I speak.

I LOVE CAL BEARS SOFTBALL!!! Yes change was necessary, YES they have talent, They have always had talent. You need to be able to connect with these young ladies. They have to trust you . Your words have to mean something. Sadly Spencer is not alone. There's more coaches out there with the same deficiencies. But these young ladies have 4 years to maximize their opportunities. They don't have time to wait for her to figure it out and neither does the program.
Shocky1
https://instagr.am/p/CxRpWyoLKQz
true freshmant & nation's leading strikeout pitcher all american randi roelling is enrolled in berkeley

randi is not a dumb azz, she got a 4.1 gpa at central catholic

r u gonna watch this generational talent pitch for them california golden bears at levine-fricke field this season or wut?

where's brooklyn? (in the summer of luv)#

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (including central california)
CalFanatic
Speak on it! Coach Spencer brought the best player in the state (two years running k's) into the Cal program.

And now the best Sophomore committed…who is a unanimous top 10 player according to rankings.

It's unfortunate her ego hinders her performance…or something?
CalFanatic
I'll be there to watch Randi and Big 10 All Freshman pitcher Orange in fall ball. Come support this team, Cal fans!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.