Water Polo

1,354 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by DiabloWags
HateRed
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anyone notice that CAL's two seeding in the NCAA Water Polo Tournament was taken down from CalBears.com?
coachdeke
No, it's still there. Go to sports then water polo and you'll see it.
DiabloWags
Ummm.... no.
We are a #2 seed.

2023 NC men's water polo championship: Selection release, bracket information | NCAA.com
"Cults don't end well. They really don't."
juarezbear
DiabloWags said:

Ummm.... no.
We are a #2 seed.

2023 NC men's water polo championship: Selection release, bracket information | NCAA.com

We have a tough road. USC was terrible all year then all of a sudden found their mojo at the MPSF. We have to beat them in the Semis and UCLA has a cakewalk in. I noticed Papa created a lot of ejections, but didn't score much. Is he playing injured? UCLA's two meter player scored 7 on us in the MPSF finals.
coachdeke
It seems whenever there's a rematch from the MPSFtournament to the NCAA tournament, the loser of the MPSF tournament wins.
DiabloWags
juarezbear said:

DiabloWags said:

Ummm.... no.
We are a #2 seed.

We have a tough road. USC was terrible all year then all of a sudden found their mojo at the MPSF. We have to beat them in the Semis and UCLA has a cakewalk in. I noticed Papa created a lot of ejections, but didn't score much. Is he playing injured? UCLA's two meter player scored 7 on us in the MPSF finals.

It was Max Miller for USC in the Finals that scored 7.
Dude can literally score from anywhere.

I thought that Papa was getting back to his old self.
He had had a thumb injury earlier in the season and might still be nursing it a bit.
But I thought he looked pretty good.

All true about the "rough" road.
USC is playing much better as a "team" as Coach Everist eluded to in his comments.

Unsung hero in my book is goalie Adrian Weinberg.
His ability to block shots and outmaneuver people in front of the cage is exceptional!

GO BEARS!

91Cal
DiabloWags said:

juarezbear said:

DiabloWags said:

Ummm.... no.
We are a #2 seed.

It was Max Miller for USC in the Finals that scored 7.
Dude can literally score from anywhere.

I thought that Papa was getting back to his old self.
He had had a thumb injury earlier in the season and might still be nursing it a bit.
But I thought he looked pretty good.

All true about the "rough" road.
USC is playing much better as a "team" as Coach Everist eluded to in his comments.

Unsung hero in my book is goalie Adrian Weinberg.
His ability to block shots and outmaneuver people in front of the cage is exceptional!

GO BEARS!

Losing Valera really hurt the Bears...the combination of he, Max and Ponferrada on the outside help Papa get just a little more space to work that without them, allows the defense to collapse and smother him.

Papa looked good on offense and very good on defense...USC was determined to not let him beat them especially after Valera exited, but he still had 7 drawn exclusions, 3 steals and 2 goals.

The other player who had a rough go of it is Avakian, who can really wear down the second team and had solid games against UCLA, Stanford, Fordham and Long Beach this year.

If Weinberg can raise it another level, this team will win...period!

GO BEARS!
DiabloWags
Cal91 said:

Losing Valera really hurt the Bears...the combination of he, Max and Ponferrada on the outside help Papa get just a little more space to work that without them, allows the defense to collapse and smother him.

Agreed 100%

Not sure what the "brutality" call was about but it really hurt.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.