NCS Meet of Champions

1,383 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by DiabloWags
DiabloWags
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Finals today at Dublin High School.
4x100m Relay starts at 5pm.
"Cults don't end well. They really don't."
OBear073akaSMFan
DiabloWags said:

Finals today at Dublin High School.
4x100m Relay starts at 5pm.

Still follow NCS but haven't gone since MOC left Edward's .
Cal89
Results here:

https://diablotiming.com/results/2024-05-17/
Sig test...
DiabloWags
Best performance of the day during a windy freezing evening around 8 pm...

Soleil Warner of the Bay School (SF)

43.15 in the 300m Hurdles.

Crazy time.
Only a sophomore!
DiabloWags
Also, Freshman 800m runner Cameron Jones was able to file a protest after the Boys 800.

They granted him a "re-run" where he ran all by himself to the #1 time of 1:57.04

Cameron is going to State!
Kudos to those that protested the Boys 800m Final on his behalf.
DiabloWags
New NCS Record in the Girls PV

Jathiya Muhammad of Pittsburg clears 14-01.

Her brother won the Boys competition at 16-00 in what was a big down year for Boys PV. They actually opened the competition at 10-00.
OBear073akaSMFan
With the exception of the 3200 seems to be a down year for the NCS depth wise (imo). Lots of young talent though which bode well for the future. I'm amazed at Berkekey high distance teams boys & girls has been on the rise in recent years.
91Cal
DiabloWags said:

New NCS Record in the Girls PV

Jathiya Muhammad of Pittsburg clears 14-01.

Her brother won the Boys competition at 16-00 in what was a big down year for Boys PV. They actually opened the competition at 10-00.

Thank you for the updates! Trust that you saw this thread and the impressive video: https://bearinsider.com/forums/1/topics/120821

Go Bears!
DiabloWags
I had never attended the MOC down at Dublin High School before.

Sadly, it certainly didn't match the atmosphere and decorum or professionalism that I had witness when attending the NCS MOC at Edwards Stadium.

Three things really bothered me besides the chilly temperature and windy conditions...

1.) The starter was on the infield and was difficult to see.
Couldn't believe that they didnt have him elevated with some kind of a ladder style podium.

2.) They put out the 300m hurdles BEFORE the Girls and Boys 800m race.
Flights of hurdles starting in Lane #4.

For obvious reasons, this is a big No No.
It's clearly a safety issue even though there really is nothing that addresses this in the NFHS Rule Book.

Kids came off the turn in the 800m and out of a big headwind and started to make their move down the front-stretch to only see the track be "narrow" and as a result, several kids fell. It was difficult taking evasive action knowing that there were hurdles just to your right. One of the top seeds in the Boys 800m actually had 2 other competitors fall in front of him and when he took evasive action to avoid going down himself, he moved to the right of the track only to find out that there were several lanes of hurdles in his way. And this is MOC?

Yes folks, you just can't make this stuff up!

3.) Meet Management saw no reason to have an "official" videotape of the meet.
This is mind-blowing to me given that this is the penultimate T&F meet leading to the CIF State Meet.
If reviews need to be made due to protests made by coaches, how are the meet managers ever gonna get past the proverbial "Oh, the official didn't see anything" response.

It's as if they treated this meet like a League Meet somewhere.
The kids deserve better!

Just my 2 cents after watching track meets at every level for the last 50 years.

Cal89
WOW on the 300m hurdles being placed as you describe prior to the 800m! I get it they are trying to save set-up time for the next event, but that's ridiculous. A formal complaint should be filed at the NCS office. I imagine someone has some video...

State starts on Friday night!

https://cifstate.org/sports/track_and_field/tf_champs

We'll watch via stream...
Sig test...
DiabloWags
I will be watching as well Cal89.

Yeah, they didnt start the meet until late on Saturday (5:45 PM) because they wanted to mimic the schedule for State.
But I think that's a dumb idea.

This meet should start at 1 PM in the afternoon.
Just like when it was held at Edwards.
Cal89
FWIW, for CCS down here, they started it somewhat late too, around 5pm...

If you still need to purchase the stream, the first promo code I found on the web worked.

Enjoy!
Sig test...
LodeBear
i had heard that the #1 seed in the 800 m filed for a restart and he ran by himself and had the best time. and is going to State. You probably know the answer if true DiabloWags.
My bad. this information was at the top.
DiabloWags
LodeBear said:

i had heard that the #1 seed in the 800 m filed for a restart and he ran by himself and had the best time. and is going to State. You probably know the answer if true DiabloWags.
My bad. this information was at the top.

Yup, Maria Carrillo freshman Cameron Jones and he went 1:57.04 by himself in a "re-run".

He had two runners fall in front of him in the 800m Final and he was hindered from taking evasive action because the meet directors had flights of hurdles set up on the homestretch. The kid was literally running around/thru some hurdles to avoid falling.

There were also 3 runners that fell in the Girls 800m.

I've never seen flights of hurdles on the track before an 800m Final.
One of the more negligent things that I've ever seen in prep track and field.
Huge safety issue and the Meet Directors were clueless.

And sadly, the Section Commissioner's response was "it is not unusual in meets such as ours" to have placement of hurdles on the track.

I guess they don't care ... until someone gets badly hurt and sues.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.